Massage therapy is a healing and rejuvenating experience. But both masseurs and masseuses need a better table to bring this experience to their clients. Massage tables are more affordable than ever, with a wide choice and competitive prices. So you have to invest in a good massage table.
Our main goal is to help you achieve this goal. Your first massage table should be one that you and your clients will love. We give you an overview of what you need to know, from the best massage tables to the available options.
In this article you will learn more about massage tables.
What is a massage table?
Massage tables are used by practicing masseurs and doctors to create a pleasant atmosphere, ideal for maximum access and control. Most are made with the ergonomics of the therapist and the comfort of the client in mind. The medium massage table has a high gloss polished surface that is complete and easy to clean, and an extra cradle that allows you to tilt your head when lying down on the table.
The tables can be portable or fixed, depending on use. Additional supports and padding can be used as accessories for the main table.
Most people use massage tables as a source of relaxation after a long working day. Think about buying a massage table, because it offers you many possibilities, both in the field of health and in the financial and social field.
Common types of massage tables :
Portable massage table
Almost all masseuses start with a portable table. Portable tables are mobile and are the most affordable option. It’s fine if you don’t know where you’re going to work or if you’re moving your office to promote your new business.
Every masseur needs a portable massage table. However, they should not limit themselves. We offer a portable and a fixed bench to increase the effectiveness of your massages and let your clients relax, comfortable and ready for the next massage.
- A cell phone: You can take portable tables with you wherever you want. No limit! Hotels, farmers market, beaches, campsites and houses. Portable massage tables are an excellent marketing tool.
- It’s easy: Portable tables are the lightest of all massage pills. If you’re planning on becoming a mobile masseuse, pay attention to the weight of the table and buy a high quality carrying bag and trolley. Aluminium tables are generally the lightest.
- It’s not cheap: Portable tables are the most cost-effective option. You rarely have to spend more than $500 on a good portable table.
- The noise: Some moving parts make the table louder. This can cause distractions in noisy environments such as massage rooms.
- The middle loop: Surprisingly, the central loop is the weakest part of the table. Normally this is the part of the table where it can easily collapse. Although this is rare, if you work with large customers, you should be very careful with the weight limits shown in the table. The fixed tables are made of solid wood, which provides extra sturdiness and durability.
Fixed massage table
Fixed tables offer the most professional appearance. They are stronger and help customers to relax more easily. If you’re serious about becoming a permanent masseur, you need to invest in a fixed table.
- Storage : There is storage space under most professional massage tables. Fixed tables allow you to store rolls, bedding, accessories and other items in a safe and accessible place when needed.
- The price: Fixed tables have a flexible price range. It’s somewhere between portable massage and electric benches.
- One big bite: The fixed tables are stable and have no central hinge from which you could accidentally fall. Some tables have a main lift loop.
- It’s not sustainable: Fixed tables are not as mobile as portable tables. The tables are not folded in two and it takes about two people to move them.
- It’s hard to set up: Tables are more difficult to raise and lower than electric or portable tables. Remember this if you plan to share a table with another masseuse.
Electric massage table
Electric tables are manufactured according to the latest technological innovations. They can be brought up and some have extra features to give the client an extra massage experience. If you have money for that, you should definitely invest in an electric massage table. That’s the reason.
- Power! Power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! power! Like most fixed tables, electric tables are sturdy and durable.
- Height adjustable: This is a great advantage for practices with multiple therapists and for people who practice different techniques.
They cost a little more than fixed and portable tables. But it’s not that expensive. However, if the table is applicable, you may receive a tax deduction from the ADS as a form of refund for the high value in the table.
- Expensive repairs: If there is a problem with the engine listed in the table, you can expect to pay more for the repair.
- It’s not sustainable: Just like fixed tables, these tables are more difficult to move.
Folding massage table
Like the portable massage table, the foldable massage tables are designed for therapists on the go. The foldable massage table makes it easy to store after work. For masseurs with limited space, these tables are the best choice for you.
- Easy to transport: Folding massage tables are ideal for mobile massage therapists. Just grab the central loop and fold up the table to store it.
- Low strength: Collapsible massage tables are cheaper than fixed and electric massage tables. Just like portable tables, they often break down. To avoid this, put the table in a safe place so that it will last a long time.
Reiki massage table
Reiki massage tables have only recently been developed and are very popular on the massage market. Reiki is based on a healing concept called key. Ki stems from the Japanese concept of revitalizing and restoring the energy of the creator.
The principle of Reiki is that a Reiki practitioner points his or her key to the injured person’s body. Reiki healing begins when a person lies down on a prostate. Reiki tables are durable and are offered if you want to offer your client a fully rejuvenating healing experience.
- Cured: Reiki tables offer their users a higher level of comfort and relaxation. We recommend the use of Reiki tables to help your clients recover physically and mentally.
- It’s portable: You should use Reiki massage tables because they are easy to store and move around your workplace.
- It’s hard to set up: On average, you spend at least five hours setting the table. You should also seek the help of a specialist who can help you set up the table.
Before purchasing your massage table, you should read certain specifications. Read this section to find out the most important features of massage tables. Knowing these features will help you make a more informed decision when you plan to buy a massage table next time.
The height of the table largely depends on the preferences of the client and the specific massage techniques he can practice. Most portable tables are 24 and 34 pieces.
The best tables are the widths 28 and 30. You can buy 25 wide tables, but you will only get them if you are smaller. Too wide a table can hurt your back throughout your career.
You should also buy a table whose width offers maximum comfort to your customers. For example, your customers will feel more comfortable at wider tables. 28-inch wide tables are common, but a 30-inch table offers your customers maximum comfort, but make sure you choose them until you are strong enough.
You must also take the length into account. The standard permissible length is about 73 inches. You can get shorter massage tables that are 70 inches long, while longer tables are 76 inches long. But 72 inches is the best way if you need a reliable massage table.
If your desk is equipped with an extended cradle, its total length will increase by at least 7 inches. So the length of the table will be 80-82 inches.
There are two things you have to understand if you want to determine the length of a table: With short tables the feet of your big customers get stuck on the massage table. But you will gain weight over the full height of the massage table, which can be a good compromise if you are a portable and mobile massage therapist.
The longer 76-inch massage tables add weight to the table. It will make mobile work increasingly difficult. We recommend that you choose a table of optimal length and height so that your clients feel comfortable throughout the massage process.
Portable massage tables have an average weight of 26-46 pounds. The weight of your massage table should be of great importance if you plan to regularly visit your clients at home and at work.
If so, find a table that weighs 30 pounds or less. The lighter the massage table, the better. For a home therapy clinic, anything weighing up to 40 pounds is the optimal size. Tables with this weight are easier to fold, store and move from room to room.
The lighter tables are made of aluminium, a lighter material than wood. But it also makes it more expensive than your usual massage table. Aluminium is a raw material and is much more expensive than wooden tables.
If you are looking for a heavier massage table that you like, you can overcome the weight by investing in a massage table cart that allows you to easily move your table.
Look out! Look out! In the shops you will see many light massage tables. But some cheaper tables reduce the size of the table to save weight. For example, the width can be 23 inches instead of the usual 27 inches.
Despite the fact that the table will be lighter, it will be more difficult for your customers to rest comfortably on it due to its narrow width. A good lightweight table will reduce its weight by using only high quality materials and aluminium. It’ll cost more, but at least you’ll get what you paid for.
This is a function you should be aware of before buying a massage table. If you are not in an office where your clients can rest regularly on the table, you should use a portable massage table. Portable sofas allow you to take them with you and massage them where you need them.
But for professional therapists you need a fixed massage table. It is more durable and has enough weight to help you with your daily massage sessions. Whatever table you buy, make sure it meets the needs of your customers.
By now, almost all portable massage tables are equipped with height-adjustable legs. The massage table should consist of a wide range of different heights to allow therapists of all sizes to adapt and serve a larger number of clients.
The average size is about 60-83 cm. This height range should be useful for almost any customer or person involved. You should also be able to adjust the height of your massage table for 2-3 minutes. Here are two types of height adjustment that can often be found on modern massage tables.
Rotary knob setting
Normally you see this type of height adjustment on wooden tables. Turning and adjusting will take longer than with telescopic height adjusters, but it only takes 2 minutes. When purchasing the first wooden massage table, it is preferable to buy two handles to increase reliability and durability.
Cheaper tables only have one handle and once you lift them to their maximum height, they tend to fall. If you plan to purchase a button adjustment, make sure you keep it at a safe level to avoid accidental damage.
Telescopic adaptations are the standard for professionals because of their ease of use and stability. You can simply press the button to adjust the height of the massage table. Then insert the button into a new hole to make sure that the height is set correctly.
The massage table should be easy to clean and durable. Some fabrics are made of a synthetic material that is fluffier and more environmentally friendly than vinyl plastic. Ultra-skin is made from a stronger vinyl material, which means it is more expensive than other materials. But the ultra skin is ecological and light.
Portable Vs. Fixed massage table
Fixed benches are more stable and robust than a portable massage table. They often have a more durable and luxurious finish than their portable counterparts. In most cases they can also carry more weight than portable tables.
Although they are not as maneuverable as portable tables, fixed tables have additional functions such as hydraulics, table heating, electric table lifting mechanism and knick-knacks.
On the other hand, portable tables are lighter and easier to transport than fixed tables. Depending on the model, folding hinges are supplied to facilitate delivery to the desired destination. After bending the table, it is made in its original size in the room. Because of its portability, it is a good choice for the masseurs on the go.
You need to know the best manufacturers if you are considering buying a table. Here is a list of the best manufacturers offering tables at the perfect price for you.
Sierra Comfort Massage was created and established to help an industry full of massage professionals. They have fulfilled this task by providing the necessary accessories and equipment to support various professions.
Sierra Comfort offers a universal solution for all types of massage specialists. Whether you are a doctor, therapist or trainer, their range of services will meet all your massage therapy needs.
Earth Lite is the world’s leading brand of massage and therapy products. Their goal is to provide friendly, refreshing and positive customer service. They continue to look for ways and means to improve and sell their products at an affordable price.
Oakworks is a popular manufacturer known worldwide for its invigorating health and well-being. With decades of experience in production and design, Oakworks has built a reputation for fast turnaround, advanced innovation and design expertise.
The company offers a unique commitment to the environment and industrial well-being. Oakworks sets the standard worldwide in the spa, medical and healthcare sectors.
As a long-time manufacturer and innovator in this field, Master Massage is one of the world’s leading massage manufacturers. They are proud to offer high quality fixed tables for professional masseurs all over the world. Don’t forget to buy from this company if you want to take your massage sessions to the next level.
Inner power is a manufacturer of massages that are a division of life on earth. They specialize in the production of massage tables, massage supplies and massage tables for masseurs.
In fact, they offer such advantages at lower costs than their competitors. Buy from this company today to make sure you get a safe table without wasting your budget.
Wooden Portable Massage Table Installation Guide
Maintenance and cleaning
Even the best massage table available on the market requires occasional care. Even if you don’t manufacture a massage table, you need to know its characteristics to avoid damaging it. Good care of the massage table preserves its youthfulness.
Here are some tips.
Listen carefully for disturbances
Is the table beeping? Don’t be afraid to take your time and lubricate his joints. Do you have an electronic massage table? Then you should listen to him and see if there are any other problems. If you have problems with your massage table, it’s time to call your manufacturer and ask for a replacement.
Clean your upholstered furniture
Follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Some cleaning products can cause damage if you are not careful. On average, you have to clean at least once a week.
How to clean your upholstered furniture
Dirt on your massage table can be removed with a water solution and mild soap. For the disinfection of coverings or the removal of solid stains you need a diluted green solution. Always rinse the surface of the massage table with water before starting the cleaning process.
After rinsing the table, give it time to dry. Allow the table to dry for a total of 24-72 hours before using it again.
However, we hope that our information has been useful to you. Massage tables are an excellent tool and should be considered. Whether it’s a leisure massage or a professional massage, it’s best to get a couch that works just the way you want it.
But there are some things we couldn’t explain in this article. There are many massage tables that might not be the best for you. Fortunately, there are many excellent massage tables that are sold online and will help you achieve your goals.
Consult our buying guide to find out which tables are the best. We want to help you find the right table, so you can serve your customers better. We hope that by reading our customer guide you will find the massage table that suits you best.
Do you have other questions or experiences in the art of massage therapy?
Please let us know in the comments below.
massage table dimensions folded,massage table dimensions cm,massage table height,massage warehouse,how to dress a massage table,how to build a stationary massage table,how to set up a portable massage table,diy adjustable massage table
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.