We all agree that a massage can be very relaxing after a long working day. But after so much time at work, who has the time and energy to go to a massage parlour? You could use a massage chair here.
The massage chairs can reproduce different massage techniques and you can offer a very comfortable massage experience. But it can be difficult to find a good massage chair.
That is why we have drawn up this list of the best massage chairs 2020. After careful research and testing, we have compiled a list of 8 models that deserve your attention.
We are convinced that by reading the reviews on the massage chair and our complete buying guide you will find the massage chair that meets your needs.
|Kauna SM-9000 Higher massage chair||
|Kauna massage chair LM-6800||
|Relaxation chair MK-II PLUS massage chair||
|Perfect massage Fully functional shiatsu chair||
|Complete massage chair Really relaxed||
|BestMassage® massage chair EC-06||
|Osaka OS-4000 weightless chair massage||
Enhanced inspection of massage chairs (updated list)
1. Kauna SM-9000 Super Massage Chair
Kahuna SM-9000 – undefeated champion of the heavy massage chair market. This model combines innovative features with the sacred favourites of the public for an excellent massage.
One of the features of the SM-9000 is that it can actually submerge, especially if you use the weightlessness function. The rollers reproduce the type of professional massage you want, and the airbags provide the right pressure the rollers can’t reach.
Honestly, this massage chair is quite expensive, but at least you know you’ll get your money on time.
Details : Kauna SM-9000 Higher massage chair
2. Kahuna Massage chair LM-6800
Kahuna LM6800 is a very comfortable and easy to use massage chair. The chair has a number of unique features. One of them mimics the massage of a chiropractor, who will provide much-needed relief for people with back pain. The other will allow you to stretch your back and leg muscles, follow a yoga program and increase your speed.
The highlight of the LM6800 is the weightlessness function. This feature offers 3 positions in weightlessness, so you can be sure to find the one that suits you best. When this function is activated, the massage gives a stronger feeling.
In general, it is an excellent model that is suitable for people with back problems.
Details : Kauna massage chair LM-6800
3. Relaxation chair MK-II PLUS Massage chair
MK-II is a cheap massage chair with a good price-quality ratio. This massage chair combines many pleasant techniques and functions, including the weightless mode.
In addition to the reliable weightlessness mode, the chair also offers a good feeling of immersion. A mix of rollers and airbags warms up the muscles of the arms, back and legs and massages these areas well.
In terms of special features, this model uses a spinal decompression function that focuses on your spine by stretching the muscles around it. This is an interesting feature for people who spend a lot of time in office chairs or car seats.
Details : Massage chair for relaxation MK-II PLUS
4. Perfect massage Fully functional shiatsu chair
The massage chair with the perfect massage method is one of the most popular models we have included in our list. This massage chair is available at a reasonable price and offers a pleasant combination of features that meet the preferences of most users.
The nice thing about this model is the 3D technology. This technology scans the curvature of the spine and other physical characteristics so that each user can benefit from an individual massage.
In general, this massage chair has many interesting features and costs only a fraction of the price of other models, making it a good investment.
Details : Perfect massage Fully functional shiatsu chair
5. Real Relaxed Full Massage Chair
The Real Relax massage chair is one of the few cheaper models that is good enough to be on our list. The chair is equipped with an interesting combination of functions and massage techniques and manages to convey comfort and pleasant sensations.
Despite the low price, this model uses a good weightlessness function. This function makes the massage even more pleasant and also keeps the body in a comfortable position.
Honestly, this massage chair does not have as many functions as the other models and the massage techniques are usually repeated but are still effective. This model can be an ideal choice for people with a tight budget.
Details : Complete massage chair Really relaxed
6. BestMassage® Massage chair EC-06
The all-electric BestMassage® massage chair is the cheapest model that was good enough to be included in our list. Despite the low price, the massage chair can provide a comfortable massage and warm and stretchy back and leg muscles.
In addition to the low price, which can be very stimulating for some people, this massage chair also has a number of good features. The massage sessions can last up to 30 minutes and you can adjust them to attract the attention of all your muscles.
All in all, it’s a good model, but only if you’re lucky. Up to 8% of the models on the market are defective, and poor customer service from the manufacturer can identify you so you can look at other models.
Details : BestMassage® massage chair EC-06
7. Osaka OS-4000 Weightless Massage Chair
Osaka OS-4000 is a good massage chair equipped with a reliable weightlessness function and an easy to use control panel. The chair uses 3D technology to scan and adapt its functions to your spine, increasing productivity.
In addition to the very personal massage it offers, the massage chair also offers a good combination of technologies to ensure that each user can apply their own preferred massage technique. You can choose between rollers, air massage, chair vibrations, thermotherapy and much more.
Overall, the OS-4000 is a reliable model, and it’s certainly one of the best we’ve tested.
Details : Osaka Chair OS-4000 with weightless massage
What are the advantages of themassage chair?
The use of a massage chair has many advantages. This type of chair is specially designed to improve blood circulation and muscle tone and provides the necessary relief for hands, back and legs after a day’s work.
What are the benefits of massage?
Since ancient times, people have relied on massage to relieve tension in the back. As society develops, people spend more time sitting than standing, which is their normal posture. Here comes the massage.
Most people are currently struggling with an attitude problem. Some of them even suffer from posture defects without even knowing it. This postural stress often occurs in the shoulder and neck areas, and you may have experienced some discomfort in these areas yourself.
Other areas exposed to a high degree of postural stress are the lower back and buttocks. These areas are often painful, and you may be relieved when you press and stretch your ankles against them. Weakness and pain are often due to prolonged sitting. So you have to be careful if you spend a lot of time at the table or in the car.
Fortunately, massage can relieve muscles and pain. The massage works by increasing and improving the local blood circulation. In fact, research has shown that massage therapy is just as effective in treating back pain as other methods that may be related to medications or complex medical procedures.
Massage not only improves posture, but also helps to reduce stress and improve sleep. Massage promotes relaxation, which reduces stress levels. When it comes to sleep, massage does a lot of work to improve the comfort of rest. Have you ever seen a new mother comfort her newborn baby by calming his back? Apparently that reflex won’t go away as long as you’re still alive. If you get a massage, you’ll want to sleep.
What are the advantages of the massage chair?
Now that you’ve seen the many benefits of massage, let’s see how you can enjoy what you have and use a massage chair.
- Massage 24 hours a day – you don’t need to schedule massage sessions as if you were hiring a professional. Whether you feel like a massage in the morning or late at night, you can be sure that you will get one.
- Massage techniques – Most massage chairs offer more massage techniques. The more technology in the chair, the better. This increases the chance of finding something that perfectly fits your needs.
- Superior comfort – you don’t have to leave your house to get a massage. In fact, you can get a massage while watching your favorite sitcom on your own TV. Isn’t that great?
- Lower back relief – Most massage chairs have special features designed to relieve lower back pain. Some use rollers and airbags to improve lower back massage, while others use heated airbags to create a heated massage for better relaxation.
- A good investment – Although most massage chairs have a high initial cost, you can get good value for money for a massage. Massage chairs are durable and most have a reliable guarantee. A massage chair is cheaper than a regular visit to a massage specialist, making it a good investment.
- Foot massage – Most massage chairs perform an average foot massage. Some chairs are even equipped with adjustable foot masks so you can personalize your experience.
- Muscle stretching – A massage chair stretches your muscles better than you think. Some chairs have special properties that mimic the muscle tension you would perform during a yoga session.
- Spinal relief – Some massage chairs use different technologies to follow the spine and reach the muscles close to the spine. This not only relieves your back pain, but also stretches your vertebrae, increasing the relief of your spine.
- Relaxation – Everyone needs to relax after a tax day at work. What could be better than sitting in a chair massaging your back, arms, legs and feet?
Complete manual for buying massage chairs
Finding the best massage chair can be harder than you think. We have created this section to help you choose the model that best suits your specific needs.
A. Questions you should ask yourself before buying a massage chair
Every time you buy something new, it’s best to think carefully before making a decision. So ask yourself these questions before choosing a massage chair.
- Don’t forget that your Space
massage chairs are great, but they’re not small. Even the smallest massage chair will always be the size of a normal chair, so make sure you have enough space to store it.
Don’t forget that massage chairs need more space than normal chairs. Some models require at least 3 versions, but most need to be extended.
- Want a massage chair?
The massage chairs are available in different sizes. Because most of them are designed for most users, they are suitable for both small and large users.
However, you must always ensure that the massage chair is suitable for you. Some massage chairs are not suitable for small people, while others are not suitable for heavy users.
- What kind of massage do you need?
Massage chairs often offer more types of massage. Some users may like them all, while others prefer this or that.
You may even have therapeutic indications for a certain type of massage. Here are some of the massage techniques you are likely to find in massage chairs
- Kneading – In this technique, the soft tissue is pressed against each other or against the underlying bone. This technique is recommended for pain relief, the treatment of cramped muscles and to increase mobility.
- Ticking – Ticking is a percussive massage technique to stimulate the muscles. It imitates the tapping and hitting that a professional would do with his fists. This technique stimulates the local blood circulation and increases the local temperature and tissue elasticity.
- Rolling – Rolling is a massage technique where the skin between the fingers and the thumb of the masseur is lifted and rolled. In the massage chairs this technique is simulated using rollers. Rolling is used to loosen muscle tension, relax the skin and achieve a relaxing effect.
- Shiatsu is one of the most popular and effective massage techniques. Shiatsu is generally applied with the hands, palms and thumbs at specific stress points. This technique promotes relaxation and releases muscle tension. The Shiatsu massage chair is equipped with wheels and airbags.
- Special technologies – Manufacturers try to attract customers by using special technologies. These techniques vary from model to model, but some of the most popular are hot massage, reflexology, back massage, yoga, stretching and combined exercises. Each of these techniques has its advantages.
- You may be wondering which of these massage techniques suits you best. If you have no experience with massage chairs, you can simply choose a model that offers more techniques. That way you’re sure to find something you like. You can also choose a model with special features you like, such as yoga, muscle tension or spine.
There are several manufacturers that produce massage chairs. Some of them have a long experience in the production of this type of equipment, while others are just beginning to meet the demands of the market.
As far as massage chairs are concerned, one does not have to conclude that one model is better than another if one only looks at the whole. There are many high quality models produced by less popular brands.
All you have to pay attention to is the customer service of the brand. If you find a manufacturer who takes over the warranty and repair costs, you can save money in the long run.
Before you start looking for a massage chair, you should always determine your budget first. The price difference between the models is quite large and you shouldn’t waste time looking at expensive models if you can’t afford them.
As far as massage chairs are concerned, the price is determined by the quality of the chair and its capacities. Chairs with different massage techniques, different extra functions and a better design cost more.
However, be aware that you usually get your money if you buy a more expensive house. They tend to be stronger and more comfortable, and offer more massage techniques, making them more effective in treating back and leg pain.
The massage chairs come with warranty. The shortest warranty period – 1 year, the longest – 5. Most manufacturers guarantee that they will maintain the cost of repairs and parts in the first year, only the parts in the second year, and only the integrity of the frame in the third year.
You should always check the warranty conditions of the company. Unfortunately, some manufacturers do not. Usually you will find this information in the Product overview section, because many people complain about this.
B. What are the features to consider when purchasing a massage chair?
Kgair massage Now that you’re sure you want to buy a massage chair, let’s take a look at the important features that determine the functioning and efficiency of the model.
- The power of the massage – the power of the massage is the decisive factor to enjoy the massage itself. Some people like a gentle massage, others a rougher one. Unfortunately, there is no precise method to determine which model produces more power than the other.
You can determine whether the massage chair gives a soft or a rough massage by reading what other clients have thought, but this is very subjective. Some people may complain that the massage was rough, while others may complain that the same massage was too gentle for them.
To increase your chances of finding a model that can produce exactly the type of massage you need, look for a model with an adjustable intensity. The higher the intensity level, the better. It is also a good way to ensure that several members of your household benefit from the same unit.
- Massage chairs – Some massage chairs, usually high-end massage chairs, use rollers to provide a pleasant and comfortable experience. The massage rollers are specially designed to simulate the movement of the human hand. These rollers slide up and down on the right and left sides of the back and provide a soothing and comfortable massage. The action of the rollers is very relaxing and stimulates blood circulation in the back.
- Thermal massage – Thermal massage is a great way to completely relax your muscles. With heating cushions or infrared rollers, the massage chairs generate heat on your back. The heat stimulates muscle relaxation and also promotes local blood circulation.
The massage chairs offer different possibilities for producing heated massages. Most people use heating pads located in the lower back to dissipate heat to the lower back, one of the most sensitive stress areas of the day. Other models use the same pads, but they also have a heated foot massage function, which is very pleasant and relaxing. High-quality massage chairs use infrared rollers to warm up the massage. These rollers cover the entire surface of your back, from neck to buttocks. This guarantees a very pleasant massage.
- Body Scanning Technology – Body Scanning Technology is one of the best features currently available for massage chairs and helps the chair adjust the massage for each user. This technology uses sensors to track the curvature of the spine and other physical aspects and adapts your massage sessions to your specific body condition.
This is a very good feature of the massage chair, as each session is individually adapted to the user. If you are smaller, you have no air cells in your neck, and if you are taller, they don’t affect your back, not your shoulders.
- Air Compression Massage – Most manufacturers offer an air compression massage function. This function uses airbags to enhance the massage feeling. With the alternative of compression and decompression by means of an airbag, your muscles are put under pressure by a massage. This function can be used for any area of your body.
Most massage chairs will be equipped with airbags in the neck, shoulders, arms, hips, legs and feet. The more airbags a massage seat is equipped with, the more comfortable it is to use it. With most massage chairs you can adjust the intensity of the airbags as desired.
- Vibromassage – While the high-end massage chairs are specially designed to extend to the buttocks, the models in the lower segment only extend to the lower back. These models will use the vibrating seat to work the muscles of the buttocks and legs.
- Weightlessness – The weightlessness function is normally present in high-end models. When you activate this function, the massage chair leans back and puts your body in a position where it does not have to support its own weight, as with weightlessness in space. This is a good feature that relaxes your spine and improves the massage experience.
Some massage chairs have different levels of weightlessness. In the last phase, the legs rise to a height corresponding to the height of the heart. This allows your heart to relax and work more efficiently for a while, because it doesn’t have to press so hard to get all the blood in your feet.
The weightlessness also makes the massage more effective because all your weight is distributed on the massage chair. Since your entire weight is on the seat, you will be able to feel the wheels and airbags more easily.
- 3D massage – 3D massage offers more depth than traditional massage. To achieve this feeling of depth, high quality massage chairs use the combined action of rollers and airbags. The airbags are filled with air, so your whole body is covered. As soon as the body is secured with airbags, the rollers, back and legs start massaging.
This is an interesting feature because it allows for an immersive massage experience. This form of massage is more relaxing and pleasant than normal.
- Recline – The lower models, which do not have a weightlessness function, generally use a foldable model. The difference between these two functions is that your weight is not fully supported by the chair when using a chair with a simple tilt function. Your legs aren’t as high as your heart.
Although this function is not as good as the previous one, it is still relaxing and enjoyable. You’ll probably enjoy folding up your chair, turning on the TV and watching your favorite programs while the chair massages your back.
- Stretch muscle massage – Many massage chair models offer this function. Whether you call it yoga, muscle stretching or just stretching, the functions work in the same way. With the help of air compression massage they warm the muscles and then stretch them.
You’ll be surprised how much your back, arms and legs stretch when you activate the muscle stretching function of a massage chair, especially if you have no experience with massage chairs.
This function is very good before and/or after sports. A muscle relaxant massage is also excellent for restoring muscles in case of tension or injuries.
- Spine Stretch – This feature is usually found in high quality massage chairs. The function can have many different names, but they all work in the same way. The back is stretched to reduce pressure on the vertebrae. Then the muscles around the spine are massaged to relieve the pain.
It is an excellent function for people with back pain and is improved by the application of the weightlessness function.
- Acupressure points – Some massage chairs use acupressure points to improve massage. The acupressure points create a feeling of support so that the massage feels more realistic, as massage professionals do.
- Extra massage functions – at first glance they may not seem so important, but the extra massage functions really strengthen the massage chair. These functions focus on the head, arms or legs.
- Foot massage – foot massage is very important for people who spend a lot of time standing up. Nothing beats coming home after a hard day’s work and a foot massage with caviar. Most massage chairs have a foot massage function.
Different models of massage chairs offer different kinds of foot massages. Some models only use airbags for caviar and foot massages. Some use foot rolls and airbags for the calves. Some use rotating foot discs and some even offer a heated massage function.
- Hand massage – Hand massage can be very relaxing. Most massage chairs use air compression massage for the hands. Some have special pockets that hold your hands while the airbags around you squeeze your muscles. Others massage your hands while holding them on the armrests.
- Head massage – Most massage chairs offer a neck massage. However, some of them offer head massage functions. These functions focus on the muscles on the side of the head and can have a really relaxing effect.
- Hip massage – Although most massage chairs are equipped with airbags around the hips, some models have special features designed specifically for the hips. These functions are used to relieve hip pain and compress the muscles using airbags. One of the functions will also be to try to align the thighs with the spine.
- Predefined programs – having more predefined programs is always an advantage. The ready-made programs use a pleasant combination of massage techniques and functions to provide a good massage experience. Most programs are specially designed for this purpose. Some stretch the muscles, some tighten them, some caress them gently.
- Manual operation – Although there are many preset programs as an advantage, you should always look for massage chairs that can be used manually. This allows you to create your own massage sessions using your favourite techniques with the right intensity and speed.
- The material of the massage chair – Most massage chairs are upholstered with artificial leather. Imitation leather is even used for high quality models, because real leather can no longer withstand the pressure caused by airbags and rollers than imitation leather. The difference between the elite and low-end models lies in the quality of the imitation leather.
The best chairs use a thicker layer of skin, so they are generally more durable than cheaper chairs.
- LED lighting – Some models are equipped with LED lighting for a more pleasant moment. If you really want to enjoy the massage experience, simply switch off the other electronic devices in the room, turn on the LED lights and relax. These lights light up the room and make your experience more pleasant.
- Easy Access – The availability of the massage chair is determined by the control panel. Massage chairs should not be difficult to program and use, but some manufacturers have succeeded in designing them. Models with easy-to-read control panels are easier to use and easier to operate.
- Remote control – Some massage chairs come with a remote control for easy access. With the remote control you can change the massage technique, increase or decrease the intensity and speed of the massage and turn the chair on or off.
- Cup holder – At first glance it may not seem like much, but a cup holder can be very useful when using a massage chair. Not only can you use the cup and glass holder while enjoying the massage, but you can also keep the remote control so you don’t lose it.
- Bluetooth compatibility – Some premium massage chairs are equipped with a built-in Bluetooth adapter. These adapters allow you to connect to any Bluetooth-enabled streaming device and pair it with your chair. Once the devices are paired, you can listen to your favourite songs or podcasts directly through your chair’s speakers.
- Quiet working – Massage chairs are a bit bulky and some can make a lot of noise while working. A silent massage chair is an advantage because you can also use it when other members of your family are sleeping or doing quiet activities such as reading or studying.
- Portability – Some massage chairs are portable. They weigh less than other models and are fitted with wheels. You can move the chair from one room to another using castors, which can be advantageous.
Now that you know most of the functions of massage chairs, you can make a list of the chairs you find most useful for your needs. This list can help you choose a specific model.
How do massage chairs work?
Massage chairs aren’t new. They have been around for decades and although technological progress has made them more comfortable, they still function as the first models to emerge. Although massage chairs can be considered a luxury product for American households, it is estimated that in Japan more than one in five households owns one.
Massage chairs offer a comfortable and relaxing experience, nobody disputes that, but how do they really work?
Most modern massage chairs combine motors, gears, vibration mechanisms and rollers to give the best massage. Although some of the principles used in modern massage chairs are similar to those of early models, the technologies used today are much more advanced.
Since no two massage seats are identical, manufacturers do not use the same models, but certain technologies are applied to most models.
Even the current models are different from each other. The simplest massage chairs approach the massage in a straight line. They use different vibrating surfaces to massage the back and legs. In order to generate the necessary vibrations, manufacturers often use small devices containing a weighted gear or wheel. The weight is not properly centred on the gear or wheel, causing it to be slightly out of balance. When the engine is running fast, the rotation generates vibrations. Each vibratory surface uses at least one gear to generate vibrations, sometimes even more. Manufacturers must be careful when balancing the chair, otherwise they may cause unpleasant sensations similar to those you would experience in an earthquake.
If you’re willing to spend more on a massage chair, chances are you’ll get a wheelchair. The rollers simulate the action of a human hand and are driven by electric motors. They move according to the templates defined by the structural frame of the chair. Some rollers have a limited range of motion and can only move on their backs. Other rollers are mounted on a mechanical lever and have a wider range of movement. You can go right or left and even turn depending on the model. The microprocessor stores all recorded patterns that a mechanical hand can make, and you can select the pre-defined movement it needs to make.
Intensity of massage movement
In addition to vibrations and rollers, complex massage chairs have different massage intensities. To adjust the intensity, manufacturers allow the seat to change the distance between the wheels and the frame, or they install the frame on a hinge and the frame itself moves away from the user.
At the moment many massage chairs are articulated, so manufacturers need to develop a way to operate them in multiple positions. There are two ways to do this. You can install a motorized tilting system that changes the position of the seat simply by pressing a button, or you can install a lever that allows the user to change the position manually by pulling the lever and pressing it against the backrest.
Massage chair for air compression
One of the most popular features of recent years is air compression massage. This feature uses different airbags to compress the arms, legs, thighs and shoulders. But how do massage chairs do that?
They use a small air compressor hidden in the chair. The compressor is connected to each airbag by a series of hoses and tubes. High quality massage chairs use a switch to open and close certain airbags without interacting with others. Other models use multiple compressors, each for an airbag kit. An integrated processor connects the seat to the compressors and determines when each set of airbags should be triggered. Airbags are usually used as additional massage devices instead of head massage devices.
Types of massage methods
As you can imagine, complex massage chairs offer a variety of massage techniques. But how do they do that?
- Rolls – The rolls go up and down on the back. In some chairs they also move sideways. Other models use airbags or a combination of airbags and rollers to achieve this technique.
- Kneading – The rolls form a circular pattern during this massage. Some models inflate the airbags slowly and deflate them to simulate this massage.
- Slide – The rollers are pressed against the back and then pushed outwards. This action simulates the Chop-Karate technique used by a professional masseur. This massage technique can be performed by alternately inflating and deflating the airbags.
- Shiatsu – The rollers are pressed against certain sensitive points on the back. This massage releases the tension.
- Grab – The seat uses airbags to grab and release the arms and legs. The alternative inflation and deflation of the airbags provide massages.
Now that all the elements have been put together, we want to see how the massage chair works.
Programmed massage sessions
Many models have a pre-defined list of massage sessions. You can just sit in your chair, choose your favourite session and enjoy it. You can select a session on the control panel or use the remote control. Because you really have no reason to start a massage without sitting in your chair, most manufacturers prefer wired remote controls to wireless ones.
The microprocessor stores all information related to the massage sessions. Each time you make a choice, the microprocessor sends the necessary commands to each part of the massage. Even if you cannot change the massage pattern, you can adjust the intensity and speed of the massage. The microprocessor sends new intensity and speed values to the moving parts and controls them accordingly.
Body scan function
If you buy a quality massage chair, it may use a body scanner. This scanner consists of a series of infrared sensors that detect when different parts of your body come into contact with your chair. Sensors tell the microprocessor which is activated, and the microprocessor makes small changes in the massage technique to adapt it to the size and width of the body. By sweeping the user’s body, the massage chair can ensure that only the moving parts that actually massage the user are activated, so that they do not cause any discomfort.
So the next time you sit down in a massage chair and plan a foot massage, take the time to evaluate the technique used.
How often should you use themassage chair?
The best thing about a massage chair is that it is always available for a massage session. You don’t have to make an appointment, you don’t have to leave the house and you don’t have to spend money for each session.
If you are wondering how often you should use the chair, you will want to know the answer to this question: As often as possible. Remember that each massage session can be beneficial to your body, and increasing the number of sessions per week can lead to faster recovery and more benefits.
It is safe to assume that you want to use the chair as much as possible since you bought it, but you should still follow some general guidelines to ensure that you use it safely.
Massage chair for pain relief
If you are one of the millions of people who suffer from low back or neck and shoulder pain, make sure you get 3 to 4 massages a week. Remember, you don’t have to rush, you still have a massage chair. He’s not going anywhere. Take a look at the high-quality neck and shoulder massagers.
Pay attention to how your body feels after the massage and adjust the session accordingly. It is better to start slowly and work slowly than to start tense for a week and complain about muscle pain. You have to find a balance between the feeling of deep muscles and feeling in the best physical condition.
Massage chair for optimal relaxation
If you’re not looking for deep muscle relaxation, but just a way to relax, you can use the massage chair when you feel that your stress level is too high. If you were using the services of a professional masseur, you would probably attend 1 to 3 massage sessions per week. You can massage more often with a massage chair, but make sure your muscles are not injured. To reduce stress and facilitate night-time sleep, it is best to get a massage after work or before going to sleep.
Excessive use of the massage chair
The key to the correct use of the massage chair is not to use it too long. When it comes to massage, unlike other things, it is no longer any better. Longer massage sessions can be potentially dangerous.
You’re probably wondering how long it’s been going on. According to experts, a regular massage should not last longer than 15 minutes. All the benefits of a massage chair can be obtained during this period. Even if you think that a longer massage can make the pain disappear, this is not necessarily the case. A massage lasting longer than 15 minutes can cause muscle cramps, especially if you are just starting to use your chair. This can lead to inflammation and damage to other tissues.
Most massage chairs use an automatic timer so that your massage session does not last longer than the recommended 15 minutes. Some use predefined programs that end after this delay, while others do not allow a longer user session. If your massage chair offers longer massage sessions, use a timer or alarm clock to stop it. This is especially important if you are sitting in a reclining position, otherwise you may fall asleep while the chair is still in motion.
At the end of a 15-minute massage, it is advisable to get up and move around the room for a few minutes. Any light physical activity is sufficient. Physical activity eliminates the toxins produced by the body during the massage. Experts also recommend drinking a lot of water after the massage, as this helps with the detoxification process.
Pregnancy and massage chairs
Pregnancy can be uncomfortable and cause low back pain. But in the meantime, can you use the massage chair?
Many manufacturers advise pregnant women not to use massage chairs. Their main argument is that the massage chair can stimulate certain pressure points and can unintentionally lead to premature birth. However, there is no evidence to support this claim.
During pregnancy, the baby is wrapped in different layers, including muscles and fluid. These diapers protect a child with a pillow from the outside world. There is not much difference between an ordinary massage and the use of a massage chair.
There is no evidence that the electromagnetic fields from the massage chair are dangerous for the mother or child.
Is it possible to use massage chairs during pregnancy?
Although massage chairs are considered safe for pregnant women, you should always consult your midwife before using them. If your pregnancy is associated with a high risk or if you have other medical conditions, it is not safe to use the massage chair.
Massage is a good way to reduce stress and relax tense muscles during pregnancy. Vibrating massage chairs are ideal for relieving low back pain and cramps and increasing local blood circulation. Vibrations don’t hurt the baby. In fact, they generate less movement than your body when you walk.
Also remember that doctors may advise you not to use the massage chair during the first trimester of pregnancy when there is a higher risk of miscarriage.
If you decide to use a massage chair during your pregnancy, make sure you don’t spend more than 15 minutes in a massage session to avoid the risk of muscle injury.
Try not to squeeze into a massage chair if your belly is too big to sit properly.
Massage chairs Properties to avoid during pregnancy
Although massage chairs are considered safe for pregnant women, the following functions should be avoided.
- Heated massage – Massage chairs use heated cushions or infrared rollers for heated massages. You may think this feature increases your comfort, but it also compromises your baby’s safety. A heated massage increases the body temperature, which can lead to an increase in the baby’s heart rate, which can lead to problems with the cardiovascular system.
- Pressure points (Shiatsu massage) – The Shiatsu massage function is specially designed to act on different pressure points in your body. Unfortunately, tension at certain pressure points can lead to premature births. Although changes to the massage chair that cause premature birth are very subtle, it is best to avoid them altogether.
When should massage chairs be avoided during pregnancy?
Massage chairs are considered safe for most, but not all, pregnant women. In fact, pregnant women should avoid using a massage chair if they are present:
- High risk pregnancy
- swelling or severe headache
- History of the work presented
Benefits of using massage chairs during pregnancy
Any woman who is or was pregnant can testify that a good massage can sometimes make the world a better place. Here are some of the benefits of using a massage chair during pregnancy.
- Relief of back and leg pain
During pregnancy, lower back and leg pain can occur. The enlarged uterus takes up a lot of space and puts more pressure on the body. A massage can alleviate the pain a little so that you feel better.
- Reduce your stress level
Pregnancy can be a stressful time. Your body is undergoing major changes and your hormones are working. It can lead to anxiety and depression. However, a good massage can significantly reduce stress levels.
- Facilitates your delivery
Prenatal massage therapy can lead to shorter delivery times, reducing the risk of postnatal depression. This could be a big advantage.
Where do you place a massage chair?
If you have read the previous question, your answer was probably for the TV/computer. Don’t worry, there’s no wrong answer to that question. In fact, most people who buy a massage chair place it in front of a TV or computer, but that doesn’t mean that this is the best approach.
According to some experts, a massage chair is best placed in a room where there is no access to television or radio broadcasts, such as in the bedroom or office. If you use the massage chair without looking at the sitcom, you have the opportunity to get in touch with your inner self.
Some massage chairs even have special features so that you can enjoy your massage more, such as LED lighting. The light changes colour during the massage and illuminates the room. It can be a very nice experience.
Whether you want to put a massage chair in front of the television or in the room, you have to take this into account.
- Massage chairs must be cleaned – Before placing them anywhere, consider the distance the massage chair should be placed. Without the necessary distance, the massage chair cannot lean back. This applies to all models, including the weightless models.
- Massage chairs need their own power socket – massage chairs are large consumers of electricity, so they need their own power socket. If you want to use an extension cord, you must use a strong cable.
- The massage chair should not be placed in direct sunlight – While massage can have a rejuvenating effect when tanned in the sun, the massage chair should not be placed in direct sunlight. Prolonged exposure to sunlight may cause the coating to deteriorate and crack.
How to clean your massage chair
Massage chairs are usually heavily upholstered, but you have to clean them from time to time. If you follow the following cleaning tips, you will be able to enjoy your massage chair for years without any signs of wear and tear.
- Use mild detergents – Most manufacturers use imitation leather to upholster the chair. This skin is strong, but you should not use strong products that can damage the skin.
- Do not allow cleaning agents to drip onto moving parts – Always ensure that no cleaning agents are applied near moving parts. If you do not need to do this, make sure that the cleaner does not come into contact with mechanical parts. Otherwise there may be a malfunction.
- Cleaning contact areas – While it is advisable to clean the entire chair from time to time, you should clean the areas you frequently come into contact with.
- Remove the filling layer where possible to facilitate cleaning.
- Use a damp cloth – there is no need to use detergent every time you clean the massage chair. After each use, simply use a damp cloth and only use cleaning agents occasionally.
- Pay attention to the details – you must always ensure that all corners and cracks are clean and free of dirt and hair.
- Use sprays – You can use sprays to spread the cleaner over a larger area. This allows the fabric to dry quickly even after cleaning.
- Never lay a wet floor on a chair – Never lay a wet floor on a chair. Let it dry first. Wet upholstery can cause irreversible damage to your seat.
Don’t forget to consider these good reasons why buying a massage cushion is a good idea.
Would you also like to know how to select a dozen wireless devices? Our handy guide to buying dozens of wireless devices tells you what to look for to choose the one that best suits your needs.
Comparative table of best massage chairs
Massage chairs are a good way to reduce stress and relieve back pain. It’s not cheap, but at least you know you get your money when you buy it.
As you can see, many models have similar prices. To make sure you get the best massage chair for your money, take a look at its features and choose what is most useful for your needs.
The kicker: You don’t have to buy a model because it looks better than the others. When it comes to massage chairs, you have to transcend your skills.
You can find the best features of the different massage chairs in our detailed overview of massage chairs, which you can find here
best massage chair 2020,best affordable massage chair,kahuna sm-9000 superior massage chair,kahuna massage chair,best zero gravity massage chair,best massage chair wirecutter,best massage chair singapore,best massage chair pad
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.