The use of a footspa can reduce stress and relieve muscle pain. But did you know that using a foot spa can also reduce the frequency and intensity of headaches?
Your feet are very sensitive and you probably don’t treat them as well as you should. The use of a footspa provides the necessary relaxation after a long working day and can also be useful for people of all ages.
It can be hard to find the best foot spa if you don’t know what to look for. That’s why we’ve created the following ft spa charts and purchase guide to help you make an informed decision.
We are confident that after reading this article you will be able to decide which model is the right one for your specific needs.
|Multifunctional foot massage machine PowMax WW-51||
|Ivation Spa Foot massage unit||
|Kendall is a one-legged massage spa…||
|Kendall all-in-one leg massage bath with heat.||
|Kendal Spa all in one leg.||
|ArtNaturals Foot Massager||
|HoMedics FB-400 Bubble Foot Soap||
|Conair’s Foot Bathtub||
Top scores for Leg Spaces for Home Wellness (updated list)
1. PowMax WW-51 Multifunctional foot massage machine
Pawmax WW-51 is the best choice for those who do not like preset automatic shiatsu rolls. In fact, the foot massage machine has four detachable rollers that only vibrate and you have to move the feet back and forth to put pressure on the acupuncture points. In this way you can get the right intensity to get rid of the tension in the sole or to work specifically on certain acupuncture points. For some, however, this can be considered a disadvantage, depending on their preferences.
The unit is simple and easy to use and is equipped with a digital LED display for parameter control. It has a safety function to prevent overheating. Like most models, the Pawmax WW-51 is equipped with a heating system and can be heated up to 50 degrees Celsius. This will significantly improve your experience.
The foot massage machine comes with wheels to facilitate mobility. It is also equipped with a handle that is useful for lifting, pouring water or emptying the tank.
The advantages of
- Digital LED display User-friendly display
- Safety function to prevent overheating
- The rolls must be rolled by hand.
- No chest tube.
2. Invasive foot massage machine
Although the Ivation Spa does not have an attractive design, it is still very effective. This foot whirlpool is equipped with two motorized rollers for a comfortable and relaxing massage.
The appliance uses a thermostat that maintains a constant water temperature in the range of 95 to 122 degrees Fahrenheit. The control panel is easy to read and all functions can be individually activated or deactivated.
It is a very good foot spa and offers all the features you would expect from a foot spa.
Details : Ivation Spa Foot massage unit
3. MaxKare footspa
MaxKare Foot Spa creates an atmosphere of peace and relaxation when you come home from work. This device combines heat, bubbles and vibrations to relieve stress and leg pain. You can choose to perform one function at a time or all three at the same time.
What we liked about this device was its ease of use. You can set the desired temperature and wait until the element has heated the water. The machine works to keep the temperature and vibrations at the desired level. There are four detachable castors in the pelvis. It’s your job to put pressure on the soles of your feet.
Overall, the MaxKare foot spa will impress you with its excellent functionality and pleasant experience in a single unit.
Details : MaxKare footspa
4. Kendall All-in-One Leg Bath Spa Massager
Kendal offers an all-in-one spa with electrical leak protection as a safety feature. It is both simple in design and effective. There are 2 detachable castors to which the legs must be screwed to reduce tension or fatigue. There are small knots at the bottom that are useful for acupuncture. If you just want a soothing bath for your feet, you can use it without wheels, which gives you more space.
They use a PTC quality solid-state heater, which heats the water quickly. The unit is equipped with a timer and when the water reaches a certain temperature, the red light turns off automatically. It also has outlet valves for air bubbles to stimulate blood circulation in the body.
The footwell of the spa is made of high quality plastic and will last a long time. Decent massager suitable for men up to 14 years. It has rubber feet that keep the spa stable during use.
The advantages of
- Simple and efficient design
- Protection against electrical discharges
- Temperature clock
- No chest tube.
- Too small to fit on long legs.
5. Kendal All-in-One whirlpool bath with/without heat
Spa foot massage Kendall has an interesting design. The pool has an overflow cover at the front and a drain hose at the rear. The bottom of the washbasin is designed to fit the shape of human feet and is covered with massage granules.
When you place your feet on the contours, you will enjoy a massage carried out using two rollers and two nozzles. The combination of these two massage techniques is surprisingly pleasant, it will also be very relaxing.
The spa is quite large, but thanks to the rollers and a drain hose it does not need to be lifted. The large size also makes it possible to fill the sink with water up to the calves.
Overall, it is one of the best spas on the market today.
Details : Kendal MS0809M foot massager in spa foot bath
6. Kendal spa all-in-one leg
The Kendal All-In-One Spa has a simple design and although it is pink, it is suitable for both women and men. The dimensions of the spa make it possible to accommodate men with shoes up to size 14.
It is a good thing that this model has a very efficient heating element. You can fill the sink with cold water and warm it up in a few minutes. The heating element also keeps the water level constant. However, as there is no thermostat, the heating must be switched on and off manually.
The point is, it’s a good foot bath, and it’s worth every penny.
Details : The Kendal MS0810M foot massage machine in spa foot bath
7. ArtNaturals Foot massager
ArtNaturals Sit Back Foot Spa has an attractive design and a very good control panel. You can access all functions of the machine using the 4 buttons on the control panel. You can track every change you make on the large LCD screen or by following the indicators.
This spa uses 4 removable rollers to massage the soles of the feet. The rollers have a good design and provide a pleasant massage. The heating element can heat the water or keep it at a constant level. The thermostat on the device is accurate.
In general, it is a good unit that is offered at an even better price.
Details : ArtNaturals Sit Back Foot Spa
8. HoMedics FB-400 Bubble Foot Soap
HoMedics FB-400 comes with 4 comfortable foot rolls. The rollers have a pleasant design and are spread over the sink floor to create a pleasant massage along the length of the legs.
This foot spa is small and compact, and most people will have no trouble finding it even when it’s full. The jacuzzi comes with a good carrying handle, so you can easily move it around the house.
The FB-400 is an efficient foot spa offered at a reasonable price.
Details : HoMedics FB-400 Bubble therapy footspa
9. ConairFoot spa
Conair foot spa is a device that combines vibration, unwinding and hydrotherapy to release your feet from tension. What we liked about this product is that it is available at a reasonable price and that it can successfully improve your muscles.
The sink maintains the temperature of the hot water for about 20 minutes, which is enough for a relaxing session. You can adjust the intensity of the vibrations by pressing the button in front of your toe. The washbasin offers enough space for both small and large feet to feel comfortable.
It is not the most powerful unit on the market, but it will still do its job as a home spa unit. Even if the water cannot heat up, it will still work to your advantage. Simply plug the spa footspa into an electrical outlet and enjoy.
Details : Coner-Spa for feet / pedicure spa
Complete Home Beenbad Shopping Guide
What to look out for when buying a domestic foot spa
While a foot spa at home is a great way to relax sore feet after a hard day’s work, you shouldn’t just buy the first model you see in sight. Before choosing a model, you should ask yourself the following 5 questions to make sure you make the right choice.
- What am I looking for?
A spa for your feet may be the obvious answer, but think about how you can benefit from using a spa. What are the most important features for you? Are you looking for a foot spa that can heat the water or a spa that can make lots of bubbles? Do you think infrared therapy is good for you or don’t you care? Corpses usually roll too hard for your legs?
Depending on your answers to the above questions, you can choose different models of spas.
- How often will I use it?
Some people may think they will use the hot tub for their feet every day of the week, but let’s face it. Given your current schedule, how often can you use it? Once a week? Three times?
As you can see from our brief comments, not all bathrooms are built in the same way. Some are equipped with wheels to improve portability and others have bucket levers to carry them.
If you plan to use the foot spa regularly, you should consider a model that is easier to move. On the other hand, if you don’t use it often, you can look for cheaper models. You can offer all necessary functions at a lower price.
- Do I have a specific problem I’m trying to solve?
Not everyone wants to use a footspa to relax. Some people may want one because of the positive circulation effects it gives or to relieve arthritis pain. Depending on your destination, you can choose between different models.
If you want to improve blood circulation, it may be better to choose a multi-roll model. The rollers massage the soles of the feet and stimulate the blood circulation. It would also be useful to look for a model that offers an infrared massage.
If you are looking for a foot bath that can relieve the pain of arthritis, consider models that can be used with salt and oil. If you find a model that is compatible with algae, it will be even better.
- How much do I want to spend on a footspa?
Every time you want to buy something new, think about how much you’re willing to spend before looking at the model. So you can limit your options and choose the best model for your budget.
Shopping without a budget can cost more than you think. Footbubbles are often cheap, but high-quality models can be too expensive for some people. While it is true that high-end models offer more features and are often more durable, you may not even need additional features.
- How deep does the water have to be?
Foot spas are designed differently. Some models are so flat that the water doesn’t even reach your ankles when you use the wheels. It’s not bad, some people don’t like to dip their feet in the water, so these models are perfect for them.
Other models are deep enough to cover the ankles and stay under water while massaging the soles of the feet, but the water level is too low to cover the calves.
Deep Foot Spas provides sufficient water for feet, ankles and calves while diving. They are ideal for people who like to spend a lot of time immersing their feet in water and they can even offer features such as bubble or vibration massage that also massages caviar.
B. What do you look at when you buy a footspa at home?.
As you can see in the product overviews at the beginning of this article, not all footspa machines are built in the same way. Of course they all use the same technology for the massage, but this does not mean that there are no differences between the models, even if they are similar.
In the next section, we will introduce you to some of the useful features of footspas for home use and show you how they can help you.
- Ease of use – You may wonder what’s so hard to use at home when it comes to spas. Well, first of all, good foot baths have at least two functions, one of which is a massage with heated water.
Some appliances are very easy to use because they have a screen and you can set the water temperature on the control panel. However, not all temperatures are displayed in Fahrenheit. Some machines tell you the temperature in degrees Celsius and you have to change gears quickly.
But that’s not all. Some spas do not have a display and you cannot adjust the water temperature. When you activate the heating function, they heat the water until you switch it off. Not so easy to use, huh?
- Price and sustainability – If you’re surprised that we approach both price and sustainability, don’t do that. When it comes to bathing, the two are connected. High-quality models are more durable than cheaper models. That’s because they either use thicker plastic or better quality plastic.
More expensive models also offer more functions and programs. Most have a digital display and use a thermostat. They have an easy-to-use control panel and at least one security function.
Cheap bubble foot baths aren’t so bad. They can give a good massage, but do not have the striking features of expensive models. They don’t have a thermostat, but they do heat the water. You will not see the changes you have made on the screen, but you will see them on the control panel. In terms of durability, these models can last a long time if you are careful when using them.
- Thermal functionality – Heated massage is a popular public activity, and with good reason. After a long day at work, nothing is as relaxing as soaking your feet in warm water and massaging them. Manufacturers perform the heated massage function in three ways.
The easiest way, usually found in the cheapest models, is a small heating element that does not actually heat the water, but keeps it at a fairly constant temperature for 15 to 20 minutes.
Another possibility is to have a good heating element that can heat the water. This is a great way to make your spa more user-friendly, as you don’t have to heat the water or use hot tap water. You can just fill the sink, leave the heating on for about 5 minutes and start massaging your legs.
However, without the use of a thermostat, the stove heats the water continuously until you switch it off. In order to keep the water temperature constant, you must switch the heating on and off manually from time to time. That’s good.
The best way to heat water is with a high quality heater and thermostat. You select the desired water temperature on the control panel and the heating starts to heat the water. A thermostat ensures a constant water temperature throughout the massage session. This feature is especially suitable for people with oversensitive legs.
- Sizes – Leg tubs come in different sizes, and that’s fine. With a larger choice of sizes, more people can be fully satisfied with their choice. The size of the foot spa determines the amount of water it can hold and there are three pool depths to choose from.
- Foot whirlpool – These models have the smallest sinks. The water level barely covers your legs when you massage them on rollers, and it doesn’t reach your ankles. These models are ideal for people who have difficulty collecting heavy objects and do not like to splash their feet in the water, but do so when necessary.
- Leg and ankle spas – These models are medium deep and when using rollers the water covers the legs and ankles. They are ideal for people who like to spend a lot of time soaking their feet, but don’t mind getting their calves wet.
Foot, ankle and calf care centres – These models are deep enough to cover at least half the length of your calves in the water. They are ideal for people who like to spend a lot of time with their feet in the water and have no problems lifting heavy objects.
- Massage rollers – Like the massage rollers, they can be motorised or non-motorised. When using non-motorized roller spas, move your feet over the rollers to get a massage. The speed and intensity of the massage is determined by the way you move your legs and press against the rollers.
Motorised rollers do half the work for you. It is not necessary to move the legs back and forth to get a massage, just keep the legs on movable rolls. The intensity of the massage is always determined by the force with which you press the rollers. These models are perfect for most people, but they are not very good for people who like rough foot massage. Strong pressure on these rollers can damage them. Use of spa foot basins between 2 and 6 rolls. Some models even have detachable wheels.
People who like to massage their legs a bit coarser should choose a model that offers more rollers. People with sensitive legs should choose a model with two removable wheels. So you can try massaging your feet with rollers and remove them if you don’t like it.
- Bubbles and jets – Bubbles and jets are simple functions, but they improve foot massage. Some models offer a powerful jet and create lots of bubbles, while others create different bubbles that don’t affect you too much. When you hear the bubbles burst in the water, you can also feel relaxed.
- Drainage – Most leg whirlpool models are equipped with a bucket handle. With the handle you can move the whirlpool around the house and drain the water. This feature is not very useful, especially if you have problems lifting heavy loads. Other models are available with wheels and a drain hose. You can simply pull the sink close to the drain and empty it effortlessly.
- Compatible with leg care products – All models in our list are compatible with salts and bath oils. However, not all of them are compatible with algae, so you will need to check this information directly with the manufacturer. Most commercially available foot-wirlpools are not compatible with algae, as algae can easily penetrate and block one of the nozzles.
- Portability – Some models are not very portable and are equipped with a simple pot handle, while others are very portable and are equipped with filling machines. Models with wheels are generally larger and heavier to transport.
- Engine noise – The noise generated by home footspas is usually not very loud and will not interfere with your normal activities, such as watching TV or making phone calls. If your foot massage at the spa is very noisy, please contact the emergency services.
- Splash protection – Splash protection is very important, especially for spas in shallow water. Splash protection limits the amount of water spilt during each massage session.
7 Benefits of a footspa
Foot spas are very useful for your health. These benefits include
- Reduces stress levels – people carry a lot of weight on their feet. Your feet are more sensitive than they seem at first glance and you can see how sensitive they are when you lose the soles. You can feel every movement in your hand. We don’t treat our legs as well as we should. In our work and social life we spend a lot of time standing and walking, which is not good for our feet, especially when we get older. Using a foot spa can relieve the accumulated tension in your legs, which can also reduce stress levels. By spending some time with your feet submerged in warm water you can work miracles, and at the end of the foot massage you will feel more relaxed.
- Improves blood circulation – blood circulation is stimulated when using the foot disc. The spa’s rollers are designed to provide a stimulating massage that promotes local blood circulation. This leads to a general stimulation of your blood circulation and you will feel better by increasing your energy level. Even if you don’t want to use massage rollers, you can stimulate blood circulation by rolling your feet over the massage heads built into the bottom of the sink. More may be needed to get results, but they will appear anyway.
- Relieves arthritic pain – Plantar spasms are great for relieving muscle and joint tension, making them ideal for people with arthritic pain. If your joints are in constant use, you can relieve the pain by using a bubble bath for your feet every morning and evening. If you suffer from arthritic pain, you can put algae in the water because it relieves the pain more than water and a simple massage.
- Reduces headaches – As you probably already know, the soles of the feet are covered with different nerve points. A simple foot massage stimulates these nerves and can lead to less headaches and migraines. If you use a footspa often, the headache will be less severe.
- Useful in the treatment of digestion and hyperacidity – The use of a Home Foot Spa can be useful in the treatment of hyperacidity and digestive disorders. If you massage the nerves in the soles of your feet, they will cause a drop in acidity in your stomach, which will make you feel better.
- Useful in the treatment of insomnia – Foot rinsing centers can help in the treatment of insomnia in two ways. A relaxing foot massage can help, but you can also take advantage of the soothing sound the bubbles make when they pierce the surface of the water.
- Can help detoxify – Regular use of a footspa can help your body eliminate toxins. Detoxification of the feet is very useful for removing toxins from the kidneys and liver, helps the body maintain a balanced pH level and strengthens the immune system. This detoxification process will also help to get rid of acne and wrinkles.
How to use the footerSpam
Foot baths are not difficult to use. Most have an easy to understand control panel and come with good instructions. The first thing to check when using a spa treadmill is that it is safe to use.
- Safety – It is important to find a footspa with overheating protection. These machines use electricity and water, and you don’t want them to overheat. Some of the best models on the market are equipped with double safes to protect against overheating, making them very safe to use.
You can follow these steps to make sure you are using the spa safely on your feet:
- Make sure the spa is on a flat surface.
- Make sure the spa is not connected to the power supply before filling it with water.
- Do not fill the water tank beyond these limits.
- Do not connect or disconnect the spa while standing with your feet in the water.
- Always make sure your hands are dry when connecting or disconnecting the spa.
- If you use massage jets, make sure they are securely attached. Make sure that the nozzles in the tank cannot slip into the water.
- General purpose indicators –
- Prepare your spa on your feet – Take everything you need and bring it within easy reach. This list can be very long, but you should at least have a foot lotion, a file, a scrubbing brush or pumice stone, a brush and a towel.
- Wash your feet – You should always wash your feet thoroughly before using the foot spa.
- Absorption – Put the foot spa on, relax and allow your feet to soak for 10-15 minutes. If your foot spa can’t heat the water and only keep the water temperature constant, keep warm water at hand to increase the temperature from time to time.
- Massage time – Now that your feet are relaxed and soaked, you can use the rollers to massage the soles of your feet and stimulate blood circulation.
- Scrubbing time – use a pumice stone, scrubbing brush or file to cross your legs and then clean them.
- Wash yourself again, wash your feet until the water’s clean. This may take some time.
- Wipe your feet with a towel and apply a body lotion – Wipe your feet with a towel and apply a body lotion You can massage them again after applying the lotion.
- Water for your feet – one of the benefits of a home spa for your feet is that you can treat your feet with anything you want. Among the most popular options are bath salts and oils, but you are not limited to these. Some people may want to use algae, while others may want to use other means. Let’s see how these supplements can help you.
- Bath salts – When people think of bath salts, they think of Epsom salts, and there are good reasons for that.
Epsom salts have been used for a long time and can be effective for all kinds of pain and relief. Its use in swimming water will certainly benefit you. Epsom salt is cheap and effective. When salt is added to water, it is broken down into sulphate and magnesium. These compounds then enter the body through the skin. This type of salt can be used to treat arthritic pain, swelling, sprains, bruises, ingrown toenails, psoriasis, insomnia, muscle aches, sunburn, etc.
Dead Sea Salt is more expensive than Epsom salt, but its composition is also more complex. Dead Sea Salt contains more than 20 elements, the most common of which are magnesium, potassium, sodium, calcium and sulphates. The use of this type of salt has the following advantages: It cleanses and disinfects the skin, deeply moisturizes, promotes skin youthfulness, is an excellent exfoliant, can cure chronic skin diseases and relieve rheumatoid arthritis.
- Essential oils – Essential oils can be used in foot spa models with excellent results. They can be used individually or in combination and play an important role in restoring the skin and maintaining optimal moisture levels.
Here are the benefits of some of the most popular essential oils.
Cedarwood oil is an excellent antiseptic and fungicide. This oil is the ideal choice if you suffer from a sport foot.
Juniper berry oil relieves muscle pain and is very effective in relieving arthritic pain.
Cypress oil is a natural antiseptic and deodorant. This oil can be very useful if your feet stink, and it will also be very useful for people whose feet stink.
Rosemary oil soothes sore muscles and also has antiseptic properties. This is a good choice if you are not suffering from a disease and just want to prevent it from occurring.
Because lavender oil is a natural painkiller, it is perfect for joint and muscle pain. This oil is also very good for relaxation.
Tea tree oil has antimycotic and deodorizing properties. This oil can be used by athletes with excellent results.
Chamomile oil has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. These properties make it a good choice for people suffering from sunburn, rash or inflammation.
Winter oil is considered a natural aspirin. This oil is excellent for relieving pain and swelling and giving a fresh feeling.
Eucalyptus oil has strong antibacterial and antiviral properties. This oil will help relieve pain and discomfort, but it is not the best choice for people with high blood pressure, epilepsy or pregnant women.
Olive oil is not exactly an essential oil, but because of its high content of minerals and vitamins it can also be used in foot baths. This oil disinfects wounds perfectly and has healing properties.
- Algae – Some people refuse to use algae in spas because they can be a little dirty. Well, the healing and rejuvenating effects of seaweed baths can make you think twice before refusing to use seaweed baths.
Sea algae reduce water storage and balance the body’s chemical composition. It accelerates the removal of waste due to excess water, lipids and toxins. It relieves stress and reduces anxiety. It is a natural anti-aging preparation.
Algae baths can also help combat diseases such as rheumatism and arthritis, muscle pain and even skin diseases such as psoriasis and acne. They can moisturize the skin and restore complexion, elasticity and vitality.
- Bath salts – When people think of bath salts, they think of Epsom salts, and there are good reasons for that.
Cleaning and maintenance of the balneo base
The home spas have a low service level and you can make them look and work like new by cleaning them for just a few minutes after each use. That’s the way to do it:
- Do not spill water on the power button when filling or emptying the sink.
- Allow the spa to cool before starting the cleaning process.
- Always clean your spa with a soft cloth and mild detergent. After cleaning, wipe the unit with a dry cloth.
- Never immerse the entire spa in water.
- Do not use the spa for feet longer than the manufacturer’s recommended length. This can cause overheating.
Best Foot Spa Comparison Table
Everyone should get a foot massage at least once a week. You’ve been wearing your legs since you were born. Maybe it’s time to pay them back by treating them better. A foot massage will not only make you feel better, it will also improve your overall health.
As you can see in our brief notes on the FootSpa, the best models offer a variety of features that can help relieve muscle and joint pain, and can be very relaxing.
If you’re not sure which foot spa is the best foot spa for you, just read our complete purchasing guide to understand how they work and how to take advantage of their features. We’re sure you’ll find the right model later.
best foot spa for arthritis,best foot spa 2019,kendal foot spa,ivation foot spa,maxkare foot spa,ivation foot spa massager,best buy foot spa,maxkare foot spa review
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.