Did you know that the application of thermotherapy goes back to the year 500 v. Chr. ? It was at this time that the Egyptians and the Greeks used thermotherapy to treat their illnesses. Over the centuries the popularity of this approach has grown as more and more people have chosen thermal baths, springs, hot rocks and hot-air volcanic caves to cope with their illnesses. This is mainly due to the fact that by applying heat to the affected area, you actually create an increased blood flow. This optimises the flexibility of your connective tissue.
Because you cannot take a thermal bath on a regular basis, you can choose an alternative solution, namely to invest in the best heating element. It can change the world in your attempts to deal with chronic pain.
On the other hand, our reviews of the heating panel should be useful if you are not sure which product best suits your needs.
Best feedback on electric heating pads – Best examples
1. UTK® Far Infrared Natural Jade and Tourmaline Heating Pillow
If you are looking for a universal heating mat, this is a good alternative. With his help, you can treat sick muscles in almost any part of the body – i.e. arms, legs, abdomen, back, shoulders, etc.
It also contains a number of smart practical features. There is a memory and a temperature setting function that allows you to adjust the laptop to your needs. In addition, the automatic switch-off is convenient.
People suffering from Lyme disease will probably find this purchase useful. This is because it actually targets the affected muscles and tendons and enables them to withstand the pain better.
The construction of the factory seems to be solid. This results in a high degree of wear resistance, which is a great advantage. Another striking advantage is the relatively low weight, which is ideal for storage.
2. Pure Faith Enrichment Heating mat
This is the best-selling heating element for several reasons. Above all, it is an extra wide hot plate, which means that the coating is an important advantage. You can put it on your shoulders, lower back, legs and other large muscle groups.
It is surprisingly effective in the sense that it only takes a few seconds to warm up. In addition, the heating plate is made of soft micro-pushers, which offers great comfort.
You should also be happy to know that you can machine wash your clothes, which will make your life much easier.
Depending on the type of pain you feel, the seal can be used dry or wet. In most cases, the use of a wet tampon is recommended if you want it to penetrate deeper into the skin. In this case, the painkiller you get is much deeper. You can try both options and see the difference for yourself.
3. InsiderBlue Electric pads
InsiderBlueElectric heating panel InsiderBlue This heating panel is another reliable product that deserves your attention and where you can choose from 9 individual heating settings. This is exactly what we would call universality. There are also 4 different stop settings.
This means that you can really benefit from a totally individual therapy. As for the material itself, it’s cozy, soft and comfortable – what more could you want? That’s why this thing does a decent job and relieves the pain.
You will also receive a stack of washable covers and a handy carrying bag that you can use if you want to take the hob with you on your trip.
Another extremely important aspect is its universality. Finally, this is dictated by the width of the pillow, which is remarkable in this respect. You can easily wrap it around your back, knee, etc., depending on the area of care.
4. Proeller Electric Foot Warmer
If you are struggling with cold feet in any season, this electric foot warmer will save your life. Poor blood circulation can be an obstacle that makes you feel cold outside in all weather conditions.
If you are sick and tired from the cold all year round, this foot warmer can do wonders. This way you will feel every time you work on your computer, watch a movie, etc.
It’s pretty big, too. Note, however, that it is more than just a foot warmer. Although this is the original application, you can also place it on your back, on your shoulders, depending on where you feel discomfort or pain.
There are three different heating modes and you can use them for up to 2 hours. It is then automatically deactivated. However, it should be noted that the heating is not necessarily as constant as other heating pads. But it will always serve you and keep you warm and comfortable.
5 Xpress Heat Giant heating pad
Say goodbye to stiffness, muscle aches and discomfort with this high quality heating pad. It includes an LCD display controller that allows you to choose from 6 temperature modes. You can use it two hours in a row. After that, it will no longer function on its own.
The material is incredibly soft, as you would expect from anything that helps you relax and relieve pain. At the same time, the microspray material can be washed in the washing machine.
Because it’s a fairly spacious heating panel, you can even take it out so your favourite pet can sleep in it when it’s cold.
If you look at the length of the line, it’s pretty decent – not too short, not too long, just right. The potentially negative aspect, however, is that the range is quite difficult to remove. In general, however, this product is a valuable purchase, not to mention the impressive amount of positive feedback about Amazon.
6. HEALTH – Far infrared hob
This heating panel can work wonders if you suffer from chronic back pain – whether it’s directed at your lower or upper back.
You can adjust the temperature setting as desired. For example, some people prefer a higher temperature, while others want exactly the opposite.
At the same time, no results are to be expected after the first use of the website. You need to take some time and you will undoubtedly see an improvement in your back pain or any other area that bothers you.
The maximum temperature of the heating pad is 70 degrees Celsius. We have also noticed that the temperature remains fairly stable, which means you won’t feel any discomfort.
You can also use it directly on the surface of the skin. Or, if you prefer, you can place the foil on the skin and apply the seal to the foil.
Copper guide forHeating mat
Next, we want to focus our attention on the basic pads you need to evaluate before making a decision about a heating panel. We have carefully composed the content so that the information can be easily processed.
Types of heating pads
First of all, there are many heating pads on the market. And while this can be positive, because it gives you a variety of options to choose from, it can still be confusing for most people. That is why there are different types of heating pads, each with their own characteristics.
One way of dividing the heating pads is by separating them according to the part of the housing for which they are made.
Back and back
- A large part of the population suffers from chronic back pain. Not only can it be a source of frustration and discomfort, but it can also affect your quality of life. To this end, experts have highlighted the benefits of heating pads for back pain.
But we will talk about the health benefits of using a heating element later in this article.
So, since you want to aim the back and spine, you need to get a wider heating panel. You’ve got most of your back. On the other hand, you can also get smaller seals if you find it more suitable for you.
Neck and Shoulders
- Perhaps the second most common form of pain is concentrated in the shoulder and neck area. In general, the most common cause of shoulder and neck pain is inflammation. Therefore, heat is a good solution to this problem, because it is aimed at relieving chronic pain. Of course, this does not mean that if you are constantly struggling with chronic pain, you should ignore the problem.
If you notice that this affects your quality of life, it may be wise to have this checked by a specialist. Maybe the problem is deeper and it’s better to play it safe. In general, neck and shoulder pain is not a big problem. However, in individual cases this may indicate a more serious problem and it is best to exclude this perspective altogether.
Knees and legs
- Special heating pads are also available for forward motion for targeted treatment of the knee area. There are also special products on the market to keep your feet warm if you have poor circulation in your lower body. Once you have determined the desired body area, you can start looking for a better heating pad.
What should I pay attention to when purchasing?
It is clear that buying the best heating pads without knowing what to look for is a rather difficult, if not impossible, task. It is therefore essential to examine a number of substantive aspects. We consider the following pads to be very important:
- You must first decide whether or not your new hob should be equipped with a timer function. Of course, that’s not necessary.
However, this function may be useful if you want to adjust the operating time of the device. This makes it easy to determine whether or not you have used the hot plate correctly for a certain period of time.
- As you’ve seen in our reviews, many of the products we’ve included in our manual have this feature, namely the automatic shutdown. In other words, once a device has been in operation for a period of time – usually two hours at a time – it stops working on its own.
It’s good security that gives you peace of mind. For example, suppose you leave your home and the device remains connected because you forgot to turn it off. That could jeopardize your safety. The same applies if you accidentally fall asleep with the heating pad in the affected area. If the device remains connected to the power supply, it may cause skin burns. But thanks to the automatic shutdown, you don’t have to worry anymore.
On the other hand, this function can also be disappointing if you want to use the hob for more than two hours. That depends on how you say it.
- If you travel a lot and want to take your heating panel with you, the wireless design may be just what you need.
But it’s not necessarily useful when you’re outdoors, but for situations where you’re sitting somewhere and don’t have a fork in the immediate vicinity. If this feature is important to you, you should evaluate it during the purchase process.
- In addition, the USB hob can also be a good investment for people who travel a lot. Indeed, these planes are much more compact, in the sense that you will have no problem carrying them in your luggage.
On the other hand, these devices are not as robust as their counterparts. This is due to the fact that they are poorly manufactured; in comparison, the materials used are also less durable.
But that’s not all, the temperature range is not as wide as with other instruments. If you want to use the high temperature heater panel for this purpose, the USB heater panel may not be suitable for you.
- Equally important is the size of the device. If, for example, you want to focus on a large affected area – e.g. the entire spine – a wider heating field may be a more sensible alternative.
On the other hand, if the area you are most concerned with is not so large, you can get a smaller heating panel. After all, your needs should determine your decision. Make sure it’s like this and not the other way around.
- For example, if you plan to use a heater every morning before work, the efficiency of the heater will be very important to you. Some models are really effective in this respect because they heat up to the desired temperature in about 10 seconds. However, this function is not available on all devices, so be sure to evaluate it.
- Depending on the product and the manufacturer, the hot plate may have more or less heating settings. Some people like to use the heating element in different configurations. In this scenario, the more diversity, the better.
There are even stoves that store your favourite settings, making the appliances very user-friendly. However, if this property is not so important to you, you can observe it.
Power cable length
- Does the length of the power cable really matter – do you wonder? We think this is very important, because it all depends on whether you can use the device where you want to use it or not. If the power cord is short, this limits the ability to use the device anywhere.
On the other hand, if you are already planning a place where you will use the heating panel regularly and it is already near the wall socket, this should not be a reason for you.
- This is not what you will find on every heating site on the market. On the contrary, there are only a few models that have a wireless connection. However, this can be important if you want to use a roadside heating panel that gives you great flexibility.
- It is clear that the material is just as important as any other factor. Whether you are looking for a better heating panel or something else, the quality of the unit is strongly influenced by its construction and materials. That’s why you need to address this issue as well.
This not only affects durability, but also ease of maintenance. For example, you can machine wash certain materials, which can be really advantageous.
- Do you want to buy a device that can reach high temperatures or not? Each user has a number of preferences in this area, some prefer a lower temperature, others a higher temperature. Depending on what applies to you, you should take this into account before purchasing the device.
- Finally, the heating method also deserves your attention. In this form you can choose from: electric heating, non-electric heating, infrared and microwave. After you have indicated how you wish to use the appliance, you can determine which heating method applies to your situation.
In principle, electric heating pads have the great advantage that they can reach a considerable temperature. At the same time, you don’t have to worry about charging or anything like that. On the other hand, infrared heating pads promise an ever deeper treatment. This means that these devices do more than just warm the surface of the skin and reach a deeper level.
As for the microwave heating pads, these are filled with natural components such as lavender or wheat, which is more affordable.
How do the heating pads work?
In fact, many people are curious about the operation of the heating points. Simply put, such an installation is designed to heat the surface of the skin. This stimulates the sensory receptors, preventing the transmission of pain signals to the brain.
In addition, the heat increases the elasticity of the muscles. The goal is to release tension, which equals muscle stiffness. In addition, the thermotherapy optimises the blood circulation, allowing more nutrients to go to areas where you have serious complaints.
Of course it must be stressed that thermotherapy is by no means a miracle or something like that. However, it does an excellent job in relieving general pain – especially pain associated with stiffness, neuropathic sensations, convulsions, etc.
The effectiveness of the hob is probably due to the fact that it offers a certain degree of comfort. Hair and scalp masks have their limits, just like heating pads. But that doesn’t mean they don’t work. This indicates that they are only effective in certain areas.
How to use a heater?
It is very easy to use the hob. Let’s just say you have low back pain. In this case, the heating plate is simply placed on the construction site. Many manufacturers advise to place the plate between the skin and the gasket as this prevents burns. It’s just a precaution.
Just lie on the hob and let your body get used to the rising temperature. At the same time, it is contraindicated to use the seal for a long period of time, especially at high temperatures. You may want to consider alternating between working and standing between sessions so that your muscles can absorb the heat effectively.
How hot can a hob be?
As you have seen in our reviews, this feature usually depends on the individual product. Each product has a specific temperature range in which it works. At the same time, each brand has its own approach, some brands have a wider temperature range than others.
However, the temperature tends to fluctuate between 140 degrees Fahrenheit and 160 degrees Fahrenheit. At the same time, the hottest temperature could be around 175 degrees Fahrenheit. This applies to dry heating pads.
The situation is slightly different with wet heating pads. In particular, they can reach higher temperatures – up to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
In general, however, wet heating pads are mainly used by trained personnel. However, by analogy with the massage chairs that are available for a wide range of people, there are still some models that are easily accessible to the public if you are interested.
Are the heating pads safe?
Yes, the heating pads are safe. Of course, there are some contraindications worth mentioning. For example, they should not be used for injuries, because they inevitably worsen the conditions, unlike healing aids.
On the other hand, the issue of radiation emissions can also be raised. Although some people may be worried about this, there is no convincing research to suggest that there could be problems in this department.
Health care services when using the heating element
Now let’s briefly outline the main advantages of using a heating element.
- Calm the stiffness of the body. The feeling of stiffness can be the result of poor sleep or poor posture. A heating pad can solve this problem by reducing the feeling of stiffness.
- Relieve the pain. The heat therapy aims to increase comfort with a targeted effect on sick muscles and let them relax.
- Less stress and tension. In many cases, our greatest enemy is stress or tension. It can also cause back or shoulder pain. The warmth of the cushion provides comfort, with a soothing effect on the target area.
- Elimination of muscle spasms. Thermotherapy does an incredible job of reducing the severity of muscle cramps, which helps to increase blood flow.
Advantages of using a heating mat for shoulder and neck complaints
When shoulder and neck complaints are treated with a heating pad, all the benefits we mentioned in the previous category actually apply. In short, this device aims to relieve pain, eliminate the feeling of restraint, reduce the intensity of the pain and promote relaxation.
Are heat pads for cervical pain effective?
Neck pain can be tense. But if it’s chronic, it can get pretty serious. You may not yet have decided to opt for a massage or heating cushion specially designed for this area. What is most effective?
The massager is designed to relieve tension. So, if you have a bad posture and you know it makes you stiff – especially in the shoulder and neck area – the masseur can really help you.
The way such a device can help is that it stimulates the blood circulation, which inevitably stimulates the muscles. Of course, an increase in the amount of oxygen will have a positive effect on your general well-being.
Does this mean that the massager is a better alternative than the heating element? Not necessarily, because their functions are different. For this purpose, the heating pad is ideal for dealing with muscle stiffness, chronic pain and stress. If, for example, shoulder and neck pain has an unknown cause, you may have suffered a lot of stress which, combined with tension and poor posture, causes chronic pain.
Note that the heat can penetrate a few centimetres into the fabric. As the temperature of the tissue increases, so do the cells and biochemistry. For this reason, the heating joint will be perfect for anaesthesia in the neck and shoulder area.
Does the heating valve help against spasms?
Absolutely – the answer is 100% positive. In fact, it is strongly recommended to choose a hot plate if you suffer from cramps. Indeed, heat can very well relax muscle contractions. As a result, you are likely to feel immediate relief from the pain and discomfort.
This is especially true when it comes to menstrual cramps, which are very common in women. Some experts even point out that applying heat to the affected area can have the same effect as ingesting ibuprofen.
There are studies that emphasize the effectiveness of thermotherapy in this respect. If you suffer from spasms, this may be the solution to your problem.
Can I use an electric heater during my pregnancy?
In this respect, the replies reflect conflicting views. For example, some experts say that the use of a heating pad is contraindicated during the first two semesters of pregnancy.
Indeed, thermotherapy can significantly increase body temperature, which is not without danger for the child. Of course it should also be mentioned that the temperature of the heating pad plays an important role. This means that if you opt for a moderate temperature, the risk can be significantly reduced.
For example, experts advise pregnant women not to use hot tubs and saunas in the early stages of pregnancy. If you take a hot bath, limit the temperature to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. In addition, the bathing time should be reduced to 10 minutes. As the total core temperature increases, the risk of miscarriage and the risk of birth defects increases.
However, don’t worry too much, because the risk is still considered quite low. It’s only when your body temperature gets so high that you get a fever that you really have to worry.
You can use the heating panel during your pregnancy, provided that you do not use it at high temperatures and for prolonged periods of time.
Frequently asked questions and answers
Can an electric heater cause cancer?
- Is there a connection between the two? Are you having problems in this department? It’s always better to be careful. However, there is no concrete evidence that heating pads cause cancer. Does that mean you’re off the hook? Not quite, the experts still point to some concerns.
The fact is that heating pads, like other household appliances such as dyes, computers, coffee machines and others, emit electromagnetic fields (EMF). These are invisible power cables that appear in the immediate vicinity of power cables, power lines – in short, all types of electrical equipment.
Researchers have been concerned for some time that these emissions could be harmful to humans and increase the risk of cancer. Despite these doubts, there is still no clear evidence.
There is a lot of speculation and uncertainty. To be more specific, some sources suggest that regular exposure to weak magnetic fields can damage the DNA of the brain cells. But nothing is convincing. A frequent complication with prolonged use of a heating pad is, for example, the appearance of burns on the skin.
However, thermal deficits are more common among people taking sedatives or having a sensory deficiency or, in another common scenario, among people drinking alcohol. In this context, this department is still a bit unclear, but from what we know so far, the connection between them is not clear.
Should heat or ice be used to relieve pain?
- There are many solutions for chronic pain. Actually, there’s a discussion: Is ice more effective than heat in treating pain, muscle stiffness, etc.? The answer is that there is not a single patent solution for all scenarios.
For example, experts have concluded that ice cream can be the best alternative to sports injuries. At first glance, warmth seems to be the most practical and comfortable option, because it is warm, cozy and makes you feel good. However, ice can be more effective for injuries. The injury is usually accompanied by acute pain, swelling and inflammation.
If you apply heat in this case, the ignition cycle is eventually maintained. This may not solve the problem at all. So the ice is designed to minimize pain. This does not mean that the thermotherapy is not effective at all. Wet heating can also be useful; for example, you can use it for stretching or other sporting events.
In the case of arthritis, however, the conclusion is obvious: The heat treatment wins. This pain persists in the fight against arthritis. This makes heat the best solution for the long term. However, if the pain seems stronger and more acute than normal – as with an unprecedented gout attack – the ice will intervene.
Does the hob reduce swelling?
- Chronic pain is often accompanied by swelling. You may therefore wonder whether or not the use of a heating pad helps to treat the swelling. In this context, experts clearly state that the hob does not reduce swelling.
It is important to understand what happens under the swollen area. If the body part swells, it means that there is bleeding of the muscle tissue. So if you apply more heat to this area, the bleeding will only increase. It is therefore contraindicated to treat swelling with thermotherapy.
However, there is one exception to this rule – in the case of lower back deformity. In this case, much of the pain is caused by muscle cramps, as opposed to tissue damage. This is what makes heat useful in this individual scenario.
If your pain is accompanied by swelling, the safe way is to treat it with gentle warmth instead of excessive heat. You should also examine your skin regularly to prevent possible complications.
Do you sleep with the heating pad?
- This is another question that often comes up. And the answer is no: Prolonged storage of a heating pad on the skin causes skin burns. There’s another risk we need to be aware of. According to official reports, about eight people die each year from electric heating pads.
This only indicates that you should be careful when using the hob. Try not to use it while you’re sleeping. Of course, most modern devices have a standard function that includes an automatic switch-off after two hours. In this case, you’re stress-free.
Who should avoid using a heating element?
- Are there any specific contraindications for people who should not use the heating panel? Actually, I do. According to the recommendations of specialists and manufacturers of heating pads, heating pads should not be used in swollen and injured areas.
In addition, children under the age of eight are not allowed to use a heating system. If you are hypersensitive to heat, this also means that you may not be able to use heat therapy. People who suffer from diabetes mellitus or who have skin diseases, scars, etc. should avoid thermotherapy.
Check out our selection of the most practical folding versions!
Comparison table of the best heating pads
We are confident that after reading our manual, which is about buying the best hob, you will have all the information you need to make a sensible purchase. The market can be confusing, at least at first sight – that’s where our comments on heating panels come in, to shed some light. Each product we have selected for this manual offers an excellent combination of features while maintaining a high level of reliability.
At the same time, we encourage you to consider all the information we have provided in this manual. In fact, you need to know all the facts before making a purchase. Each user has very specific needs, so there is no product to suit everyone. Make sure you have that in mind before you jump.
heating mat rated by consumers,best heating 2019,pure enrichment stove,best wireless heating,solar heater,large heater,best neck heater,powerful happiness stove
Disclosure of information: We are a professional company and our comments are not biased towards the products we consider. We test each product thoroughly and evaluate only the best, as indicated by our author. We are very independent, and the views expressed here are our own. However, if you buy something after you have clicked on the links in the items, we will receive commissions for it, which helps to keep the sites at costs such as server costs, security, etc.heating pad reviews consumer reports,best heating pad 2019,best heating pad for neck,pure relief heating pad,best heating pad reviews 2020,hottest heating pad,mighty bliss heating pad,best cervical heating pad
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.