In recent years there have been many technological improvements in the back massagers. They are a corner of paradise for people who suffer from back pain and have become useful accessories at home. This is especially important if you don’t have time to go to a professional massage parlour.
But who needs professional masseurs when you have the best back massage? The masseur will ask you for money every time you use his services. However, the back massager is only charged once: at the time of purchase.
However, since it is not easy to find a good model, you may need help. To help you, we have collected information about the back massager and we will also give you some tips and tricks to help you make the right choice.
|Snailax Shiatsu heated neck and back massager.||
|NURSAL Back massage cushion with warm-up function||
|RESTEC Heated back massagers||
|A back massage for Mo Quishele Shiatsu with warmth.||
|Millions of Shiatsu back massagers.||
|Massage machine with Shiatsu kneading cord.||
|VIKTOR JURGEN massage cushion||
Best back massager tests – (updated list)
1. Snailax Shiatsu neck and back massager with heat
Snailax Shiatsu, neck and back massager with heating If you are looking for a practical massager that can treat all problem areas of your body, you can appreciate the Snailax back massager. For maximum comfort, it can be attached to any object, from a sofa or folding chair to a sofa, office chair or even a car seat.
The massage block itself is equipped with four massage buttons, which you can use as desired. You can also adjust these buttons on your back from top to bottom. So whether you need a neck or lumbar massage, you’ll find comfort in this device.
What probably makes this massage cushion so comfortable is that it also brings a shiatsu massage in the comfort of your own home. You can opt for a full back massage or a massage that touches certain points.
And if you feel like it, you can go to the stove. Each selected function can be controlled by its intensity. This course is therefore an excellent choice for those who are not sure what kind of massage they need.
2. NURSAL Back massage cushion with heating function.
If you want a high-quality massage, this back massage is definitely something you should invest in. With its four rotating units that provide a deep kneading massage, this chair is very effective in relieving tension.
You can choose between two massage modes: clockwise and anticlockwise. Whichever option you choose, you can connect it to the heating function. You will get a relaxing and satisfying massage.
Thanks to the roller massage and Shiatsu for your back, this device is ideal if you suffer from chronic back pain – especially if you need an intensive massage. You can also set it to reach a certain location more efficiently.
3. Heated back massagers RESTEC
If you are looking for something simple, effective and relatively compact, try this device. Just pull a curtain over his shoulders – and let him do his job. Because it is equipped with handles, you can also manoeuvre it until you reach the ideal location.
This Shiatsu Back Massager gives you control – in the sense that you don’t have to use it just for your back and neck. You can use it for feet and legs. You have four buttons to control the stimulator and you have several options to adjust the vibration and heating.
This massager is not only equipped with an adapter for the air conditioning, but also with an adapter for the car. So if you tend to travel a lot, you can stop here to relieve yourself. This will make you feel much better on your back until you reach your destination – and it will relieve you of the pain.
4. Mo Cuishle Shiatsu Back massager with heat
What makes this model so popular is that it has 8 knots. The result is a massage with a higher intensity, making it ideal for people with chronic pain.
The back massager, which is equipped with an advanced heating system, can provide enough heat to calm the muscles and release tension. Moreover, the massager itself is very easy to maintain because it is made of breathable mesh fabric.
This massager can be draped around the shoulder, providing the necessary relief. It’s even compact enough to use in a car. Just be careful not to use it while driving. You don’t want to relax.
5. Zillion Shiatsu Back Massager
If you are looking for something compact enough to fit in a travel bag, this massager can be a good choice. At a depth of about 5 cm, you can easily attach it to your chair to create the desired relief.
It may be small, but in reality the device is very powerful. Shiatsu massage nodes offer a deep massage, while the change of direction mimics the massage of a real masseuse.
In case of sensitive back problems (e.g. narrowing of the vertebral canal) you can change the speed. From low to high intensity, you can choose the one that offers you the most comfort. So it’s a good option if more members of your family suffer from back pain. They can choose the option that suits them best.
6. MassagerShiatsu massager with kneaded wire
Massager If you are looking for massagers for a limited budget, this unit can certainly meet your needs. With a wide range of settings – from heat to shiatsu and massage speed – it’s the ideal device to take with you, no matter what’s causing your back pain.
This device is safe and comfortable and prevents overheating if turned on too long. So you don’t have to worry about overheating, even if you fall asleep during a very relaxing massage. In addition, because the massager is equipped with handles, you can pull it until you have reached the ideal setting.
Thanks to its ergonomic design, this massager can easily be carried in a bag. You can also attach it to your car with an adapter – a good choice if you travel a lot.
7. Massage cushion VIKTOR JURGEN
When in doubt, always go to the massage pillow. Its compact shape allows you to place it where it hurts, so you can go to a specific place where you listen.
Thanks to the rotating 3D massage knots you get a deep Shiatsu massage that will relax your muscles considerably. You also have a heating option that you can turn on and off at any time.
If you are not sure which massage speed is best for you, you can also adjust it on this model. This also makes it an excellent choice for families with different needs.
This massage cushion, made of environmentally friendly materials, is not only very easy to clean, but also pleasant to wear on the skin. Whatever area you want to massage, there is no problem with overheating.
Best benefits of using back massagers
Back masks are an excellent way to release tension and treat sores in the body. However, there are many benefits you might want to know – and a back massage can help.
- Relief of back pain
This is the most obvious advantage when choosing a back massager: Pain relief. Because massage can stimulate blood circulation and relax hard muscles, a back massager can provide short-term relief for points of back pain.
- Improved blood circulation
When you get a massage, various nutrients and oxygen are directed to your muscle cells – they are awakened, so to speak. This will improve your circulation and you will generally feel better – with less painful episodes.
- Sleep Improvement
Regular back massage helps to improve sleep If you suffer from sleep disorders, it has been shown that a daily back massage can calm the nerves and improve sleep.
Proven! Back massagers make you happier – and science confirms it. During the massage, endorphins are released into the body, which relaxes the nervous system and produces this pleasant hormone. That’s why many health institutions use back massagers to relieve anxiety and depression.
Considering the types of back massagers
With regard to the types of support masses, there are two main categories to which you can refer: electrical and non-electrical. At the same time, the two categories will again be divided into different categories.
Whether you’re looking for a small massager that you can hold in your hand or one that covers your entire back, there are different styles and types of massagers you can use.
Electric back massagers
- Electric support massagers are generally larger and driven by a motor. As a rule, they emit vibrations at different speeds and require minimal human activity.
- Back massager
The back massager is a piece of furniture that you add to your home – usually with a design similar to that of a chair. These massagers allow you to relax and watch your favourite TV show all day long while you get a massage.
Of course, these chairs are quite expensive – but in the long run they are a good choice if you need a hand massage.
- Chair mat If you think you don’t have enough budget for a chair massage machine, you can go to the chair mat. They’re just as effective and have the same upholstery – except you don’t have to get rid of your favourite chair to change it. All you have to do is tie it off, hook it up, and you’re ready to go.
- Hand massager
If you have a sore spot that is particularly difficult to reach, the hand massager can be exactly what you are looking for. These massagers usually come in the form of a pillow or a stick that you have to maneuver yourself to bring them exactly to the point of pain. It is an excellent solution for painful points that cannot be reached with a conventional seat cushion.
If your main point of pain is usually in your lower back, you can look for a lumbar massager. You can do this in the area by focusing on a specific location. It can also be wrapped around the shoulders to bring relief to that specific area.
- A back massager with a cushion or pillow is an appropriate choice if the pain in the neck or lower back is localized. That way you can get it exactly where you need help.
- The TENS
unit is a more advanced choice, equipped with electrode pads that send impulses to your skin – stimulating your nerves and providing a deep massage.
- Back massager
Non-electrical inverted ground bearings
- These back massagers are used manually by one person to provide lighting in certain areas. They are also divided into different types:
- Reed massagers As the name suggests, these are reed massagers designed to reach certain points in the back – and thus provide relief.
- S-shaped massagers
These massagers are also stick massagers with which you massage a specific pain point. This device has buttons that are carefully placed to allow you to manoeuvre to the right place.
- Massage apparatus with wooden balls
These massage apparatus work on the surface of the skin and rub over the problem area to release and relieve tension.
- Foam rollers have a soft or hard outer surface, depending on the required grade of soil. You roll it up and down on the skin and focus on specific problem areas.
- 3 Mini Pong Massagers
Mini Pong Massagers are small units that fit in the palm of your hand, making them a more portable option. They use them to manage tensions and nodes.
Main features to find the best reverse massager
Just as you need to consider the benefits and types of back massagers, you also need to pay attention to certain features. The most important (or most interesting) are the following:
- The shape of the back massager is very important to consider, especially if you have a sore spot that is rather difficult to reach. Whether you choose a chair cushion or an S-stick, you need to make sure it can reach your point of pain.
It will be very embarrassing to find out that you bought a neck massage pillow to discover that it goes a little further and only focuses on the back. That’s why you have to make sure you concentrate on the massager with the right curves.
- Even when choosing the best back massager, size is important. Think about the coverage you need for the plane. Is it necessary to have a full back massage or is the massage only necessary to get some relief in a certain area? You may not need to purchase a full-size neck and shoulder massager if your problem lies only in the neck area.
In addition, the size is directly related to the transferability. Is it too big to be transported from one place to another, or is it small enough to fit in a suitcase? Think about this when you make your choice and see how you want to use it.
Electric vs. non-electric
- Back massagers can be electric or non-electric – their effectiveness depends on the model chosen. Sometimes a non-electric back massager can be a more economical solution, while an electric back massager allows you to sit and relax in your favourite chair. Most people find the electric model very effective, while the non-electric version is well suited for low-intensity pain.
- How many knots does the back massager of your choice have? In this case, less is not always more. The number of knots depends directly on the intensity of the massage you receive. So if you want a more intense massage, you can choose something with more knots.
- A shock massager is not something that all back massagers have, but it really is a function you might consider. This style of massage uses a technique that can be described as thunder in the back.
It is an ideal choice if you need a deep tissue massage with a relatively high intensity from which you could benefit. However, this may not be the best choice if you are looking for a less intensive stimulator.
- As you can understand, this function is based on the Japanese massage technique. If you want to imitate a Shiatsu massage from the hands of a masseuse – but without a real masseuse – you should consider this option.
- Some people like to have manual control over their massager – that’s why a massager (or at least one that contains a wand) might be the best choice for you. It may be a little more expensive, but for some results it will certainly cost more.
- For some people, heat is one of the most effective methods of relieving pain. Because the warm skin blocks the pain signals from the stimulating sensors, your brain will perceive these as decreasing pain.
Moreover, it will not only be useful for pain relief, but can also be an excellent option during the cold season. Most people have the worst back pain when it’s very cold. So if you use a stimulator with this function, you will relieve the pain and keep warm.
- Some back massagers offer additional vibration functions – which will further alleviate back pain. If you have severe back pain, you should consider this possibility.
- Sometimes timers are a good option if it takes a long time to reach the source of the pain. In general, you should do a few tests to determine how long you should leave your device on.
But once you have determined how long it takes for the back pain to disappear, you can sit back and relax. You can even take a nap while the masseur does his thing.
- We all have good days and bad days. Sometimes the pain is so mild that it can only be considered a slight irritation. In other cases, the pain is so intense that you almost feel like you’re screaming – and whatever you do or stay, nothing seems to work.
A massage device that is set to intensity can help you with this. So whatever kind of day you have, you can choose the intensity you want and the massage will be just perfect.
- If you tend to fall asleep relatively quickly during a massage, the automatic switch-off can be an excellent solution. This way you can be sure that the device does not overheat while you sleep.
Remember that if the masseur needs more time to reach the source of your pain, you can opt for a longer automatic switch-off time. A shorter stop time can be very disappointing.
- Can the back massager of your choice be recharged or do you always need to replace the batteries? It’s also a question of whether it works when you’re on the road or whether you always have to be logged in to use it. If you want to manage them more easily, you should choose rechargeable options.
- Speed and intensity settings usually go together – so look at how many speeds the back massager has. Whether you’re looking for something soft or more rigorous, a model with at least two or three settings is ideal.
In general, an average back massager will have three speeds: low, medium and high. However, depending on the model you can find other options. These models are slightly more expensive, but they offer more flexibility.
- If you travel a lot or spend a lot of time at the office, you can invest in a portable back massage. Check if it is the right size or not, if it is light enough to carry. If you still don’t have a super comfortable office chair, invest in it in advance, of course!
You can also buy massage supplies for your car. As a driver, however, you may only use it when stationary (for safety reasons). As a passenger, you can use it at any time.
Reminder / Registration
- Some people have painful points that are difficult to reach or difficult to satisfy. Shooting with the right intensity can be incredibly boring, especially if you have to go through several options to reach the ideal point.
The backup/restore functions save the latest settings so that you can get the right massage at the touch of a button. This is a very useful feature when the pain is usually concentrated in a specific area of your body.
- Some of the best back managers will have jets that focus on different areas. For example, you can receive both a back massager and a face accessory.
Can back massagers help relieve back pain?
Back Massager So we know that back massagers do well and are made to mimic the movements of a professional therapist. To find out if back massagers are good or not, you have to answer another question: Can massage help relieve back pain? The facts say it is.
Several researchers brought the results to the table. For example, Pain Medicine published an article about patients with low back pain. After a daily and regular massage, 75% of the patients said they could feel a big difference after 24 hours.
In another clinical study on back massage, the patient group was divided into two subgroups: one group focused on physical activity and the other on massage. After 10 weeks of treatment, all 401 people in this study reported feeling the results. There was also little or no clinical difference between the two methods.
Given that back massagers give you the same massage, it’s safe to say that they can certainly help you manage back pain.
Technology for rear massagers
So you’re considering buying a masseur – but we all know that research is the key, whatever we want to buy. So how does one of these devices actually work?
Simply put, the best back massager works by imitating the movements of a traditional massage, for example at a spa. However, given the technology used, they will all work differently.
The back massager works by vibrating, kneading, rubbing or caressing – each has a different effect. For example, the vibration of the back massager can help relieve the tension caused by muscle spasms, but it may not be as deep as when kneading. They work more efficiently with the muscles and increase blood circulation.
Some massage devices also work with impulse technology. Technically they are not really massage devices, but they are very effective in relieving back pain.
Their effectiveness has been clinically tested and there are two devices that make this type of simulation possible. There is TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Stimulation), which works by stimulating the subcutaneous nerve, and EMS (Electrical Neural Muscle Stimulation), which improves muscle tone in incredibly untrained (or even paralyzed) people.
Use of fused massage apparatus
The use of the back massager is not significantly dependent on the type of back massager you are using. If, for example, you are using a back massager, it is obvious that all you have to do is turn it on – and lie down on the chair.
If it’s a more flexible device, you should place it where you feel your load. You know what this area will look like because you feel a little uncomfortable touching it. Once you have identified the area, place the massager in that area and hold it over your shoulder or under your elbow (depending on how easily you do it).
If you are using an electrical box, select the setting you deem appropriate. Touch the area and move it in a circular motion. Repeat this procedure also with non-electrical devices – just push them in as desired.
Please note that if you do not sit down directly during the massage, it may not be as effective for you. To prevent malfunctions, you need to keep your body balanced – so you need to stay as direct as possible.
Some masseurs may be more involved with you than others. With a manual electric massage, for example, you need to move the device until you reach the ideal location – usually with a lower intensity. The electric massager, on the other hand, can penetrate even deeper and is an ideal choice for people with back problems.
How long you use these devices is entirely up to you. Some people think that 10-15 minutes a day is enough, while others prefer to relax for about 20-30 minutes under the influence of the massage.
A longer session may be more beneficial for people with severe back pain – but remember that a longer session is not always the best. What takes more than 30 minutes can actually hurt your muscles.
Shiatsu Back massage cushion
Since your pain usually builds up at some point, you can ask yourself questions: Is it necessary to follow a massage cushion or a Shiatsu back massage? First of all, be aware that the answer is not exactly black and white.
For example, a massage cushion is usually a small pillow that you put under your neck or under your lower back when you lie down. It will fight that specific point in your body, vibrating or pulsating, while at the same time providing enlightenment.
The Shiatsu Back Massager uses kneading, tapping or stretching to reduce discomfort. This is a good option for people who suffer from chronic muscle pain and need a deep massage. Regular pillow masks offer low and medium intensity massages, while Shiatsu masks offer slightly higher intensity.
Today’s technology allows us to get the best of both worlds. For example, you can now easily find a massage cushion that also has a shiatsu option. These cushions can also be equipped with heating and other comfort features, making them ideal for families with different massager and pressure point needs.
In addition, the advantage of shiatsu massagers is that nobody says they have to be in pillow form. You can easily find the Shiatsu chair massage machine as a chair support – or even as a real chair massage machine.
Frequently asked questions
If you still don’t know what to choose, here are some questions you’ve already received about the best back massager.
- What’s a back massager?
The back massager is available in many shapes and is a device that simulates the movements of a professional masseur to relieve pain.
- How do you choose the right back massager?
In fact, the back massager is chosen based on your pain points. For example, if the pain you feel is usually in the lumbar region, you should speak to a masseur who will visit this region. Ideally, you can also talk to your doctor for advice about your illness.
- Can I use a back massager if I’m pregnant?
Back pain is common in pregnant women, but opinions on the use of back massagers are divided. It is recommended to first consult a physician to prevent any side effects.
Of course, you should also read the instructions before using the back massager. Many devices come with warnings and cautions that tell you if it is safe to use them during pregnancy.
- Is a back massager expensive?
It depends on the type of back massager you want to buy. Some are very affordable, others are more expensive. For example, an electric back massager will certainly be more expensive than a 3-piece mini massager.
- How long should I use the back massager?
It depends on how long it takes to get help. Some people use it for about 10 minutes, others for up to 20 minutes. This mainly depends on the intensity of the massage and the time it takes for the massage to work.
Ideally, you can use it for about 15 minutes. If you use it more often and especially with a high intensity, you risk muscle sprains. Maybe you want to do shorter intervals every day instead of doing long sessions at the same time.
Don’t forget to check out our selection for massage oil reviews!
Comparison table of the best heating pads
There are so many options when it comes to Best Backup Massager. Of course non-electrical devices are cheaper, but with an electrical device you will certainly get better results. Moreover, with the non-electric stimulator you can do the work yourself – and with the electric stimulator you can completely relax.
The most practical options are compact, especially because everyone wants portability. No matter when you buy the model that meets your needs, you’ll enjoy benefits like pain relief, better sleep – and a better overall mood.
We hope our feedback on the back massager has helped you find the best massager for your needs. Some models were cheaper and quite simple, while others were equipped with extra features which made them attractively priced. You decide which option is best for you, based on your priorities.
Best electric back massager,Best back massager for seat,Best back massager for Nodes,Best lower back massager,Best full back massager,Best portable back massager,Best back massager 2018,Best back massager 2019
Disclosure of information: We are a professional company and our comments are not biased towards the products we consider. We test each product thoroughly and evaluate only the best, as indicated by our author. We are very independent, and the views expressed here are our own. However, if you buy something after you have clicked on the links in the items, we get commissions for it, which helps to maintain the websites at costs such as server fees, security, etc.electric massager for back pain,best back massager for chair,best back massager for knots,best lower back massager,full back massager,best handheld back massager,best back massager 2018,best back massager 2019
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.